a big variation in my battery range after overnight charge

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evcar340

I have a 2012 FFE with 6000 km on it.... recently the battery charge has been up and own from 204km range to this morning 154km range. Outside temps in the 65-80 range. The recent overnight charge has been with my 240V connect rather than the usual 120V overnight cable.... any ideas on why it might be so variable?

evcar340 said:
I have a 2012 FFE with 6000 km on it.... recently the battery charge has been up and own from 204km range to this morning 154km range. Outside temps in the 65-80 range. The recent overnight charge has been with my 240V connect rather than the usual 120V overnight cable.... any ideas on why it might be so variable?

The GOM does vary a great deal at times. Temp can affect it, but also driving habits or routine. My FFE shows some range variability due to these factors. My GF drives it to school a few times a week and how she drives it lowers the GOM range compared to how I drive it. I get probably 20+/- more than she does showing on the GOM. But, it usually corrects and overall, the range is really fairly consistent. When I drive after my GF has used it, the GOM usually reads in the 85+ estimate. After I drive it for a while, the range is in the 110+ (ambient temp upper 70's-80's), but usually it shows the same percentage values of battery used for a trip. So, if I drive 20 miles, it uses about a 1/4 of it's capacity, no matter what the GOM claims for range.

From Ford:
SSM 44918 (Jan 30 2015) - 2012-2015 Focus Electric, 2013-2015 C-MAX Energi, 2013-2015 Fusion
Energi - EV Range Display Variance After Charging
The EV Range being displayed after fully charging a 2012-2015 Focus Electric,
2013-2015 C-MAX Energi or 2013-2015 Fusion Energi may vary after each charging
event. A variation of EV range does not indicate a battery or charging concern. EV range
is similar to the Distance To Empty indication on a gasoline vehicle and the EV range
will vary with vehicle operating conditions. Conditions that impact EV driving range
include: cooler outside temperature, terrain, driving style, city or highway driving, tire
pressure, and use of accessories. Using the cabin heater and A/C, which are electric,
will also decrease EV range. To temporarily remove the impact of driving/climate history,
reset the Lifetime Summary or Driving History by using the Settings menu on the left
side of the instrument cluster, under Display.

Back