CCS Gaining. Ford needs to get behind the standardand invest

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

focussed

News today: 'BMW, Volkswagen join with ChargePoint to build EV fast-charging stations'

http://news.yahoo.com/bmw-volkswagen-join-chargepoint-build-ev-fast-charging-180557093--finance.html

Ford should join them and also incorporate CCS charger for FFE and other PHEV models. For a reasonable cost, I won't mind retrofitting my FFE with CCS if it is offered as an upgrade.

I expect that Ford would say any cost they proposed for such a refit was reasonable. However, for consumers reasonable probably has a very different dollar value, but yes for a consumer agreed "reasonable" price I too would get the CCS refit. It would be intersting to see just how many componets would be required for this and how many of them are actual electronic or control components as opposed to the fender with new port door, CCS port itself and associated high curent DC cables.

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

Fast charging makes little sense for PHEV considering small size of battery and the ability to run on gasoline. I would like them to switch to 6kW charging, however. PHEVs take up too much time charging slowly on shared charging stations.

Fast charging would be great for FFE, but is of limited value in view of the scarcity of charging stations. If they offered it, I would probably go for it even so.

Biggest contribution would be a bigger battery coupled with 10 kW charging....like Toyota and Mercedes both of whom use Tesla drivetrain. Please give me a 30 kWh FFE with 10 kW charging...pretty please!

It is very unlikely Ford would offer a refit of any kind. Think about it how many OEM's have ever offered any kind of refit for a car after it has been sold (excluding Tesla). Answer: None.

You want CCS in your FFE, buy a new one when FFE's with CCS come on the market.

Back