3rd Party 12V battery for my FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatorman82

I love my FFE, and am willing to accept the 12V battery issues as part of the risk of beta testing a new technology. I have never been a fan of Motorcraft car batteries, and think I can minimize some of the dead 12V battery issues I've been having by purchasing a better battery. In particular, Consumer Reports recommends the Die Hard Advanced Gold series as one of the best batteries they tested. Has anyone tried a third party 12V battery. Does anyone know of a reason I shouldn't try this? I don't mind spending the money if it reduces/eliminates the problems I've had with the car being dead after sitting for a few days on my level 2 charger....

could you any one give me the original 12V battery catalog? and it can be order through the e-bay? thanks

Gatorman82 said:
I love my FFE, and am willing to accept the 12V battery issues as part of the risk of beta testing a new technology.
I would not "accept" any issues that result in a drain to the battery. Clearly, this is something abnormal for the FFE. The great majority of owners do not have an issue with the 12v battery.

Insist that your dealer fix the issue. If s/he can't, then ask to speak with the Ford district rep.

Back