Scanners (confirmed to work with the Focus Electric):
- Linear Logic LLC has produced a couple of specially configured/prototype ScanGauge's. Contact information and some discussion is covered here: https://discussions.myfordmobile.com/di ... v=messages and in the middle of here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/vi ... ?f=7&t=672. These devices can access around 20 parameters (4 at a time). I will update this thread when/if a commercial product becomes available.
- VCM II with Ford IDS
- This is the scanner that Ford Service uses. $1500 + $700/year software subscription. Discussed here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/vi ... f=7&t=1929
- FORScan Software - http://www.FORScan.org
- Recommended Scantool: OBDLink MX (Bluetooth or WiFi)
- -I suspect that the other OBDLink brand scantools might work but the FORScan documentation claims that there are timing issues with the less expensive imported ELM327 tools (my cheaper scantool did not work)
- FORScan was originally written for PC use, but in mid-2014 added an IOS version (usig wifi) and in mid 2015 an Android version (which uses either wifi or Bluetooth).