FFE Efficient driver feedback

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trielectric

A lot more info needs to be put out by Ford on the FFE to drive it more efficient.
1.Driver needs an indicator in the left driver display that tells when the hydraulic brakes are getting used(pressure switch in the master cylinder (like a 1960s Ford brake light switch)).
2.We need an explanation of what is going on with "L" on the gearshift. I believe it is required for Federal Regs, but what is happening?. Is it helping Regeneration? The owners manual is lacking in it's desciption of this.
3.Does the flashing regen symbol always come on when regenerating, or does it only come on when the brake pedal is depressed.
4.What is the most effieceint speed for the car using the motor. Is it 1 mph, or 35mph or ?
5.When does the 12V battery get charged? Only in Start/Run?
6.It is an electric car with any number of displays available to display the cars numerical parameters. Could we have a display page on the center stack that had a bunch of the parameters of the car. Like a Voltage reading for the main battery(s) since it is an electric car!

1. I would also like to have that.
2. L just remaps the throttle to do more regen. I wish there was a setting to make it do stronger regen.
3. I will figure that out when I get the car.
4. I would like to hear also. Many cars it is more like 45 since an idling ice uses energy. Since there is so little energy used at rest, he most effeciwnt speed is probably lower, but I bet that 35 is not rha much better han 45 to justify the time spent.
5. The 12 volt is charged when the car is on. This is certain since others have reported a dead battery after leaving the car off for a longtime.
6. What you and I want doesn't always match what the average consumer wants. Too many features may scare off som potential customers.

The most efficient speed for the Nissan Leaf is 38 MPH. The 2011-2012 Leafs can easily exceed 100 miles on a single charge. I did check the range of the FFE and drove it at 45 mph with relatively few stops and some mild hills.
The results were the car traveled 100 miles, and the computer said it had 9 miles left. Kicking the speed down to 40 MPH should result in about an extra 10 miles of range. So it would seem that 120 miles of range is possible. The interesting thing is that after charging the car the computer now said I had 115 miles of range.

Back