Ford Focus EV Needs Little Maintenance

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenRPMs

I just read this on the ford focus electric section of Ford's website and found this little fact if true very interesting.

"Q. Will the maintenance cost over a few years be more or less than a similar gas engine vehicle?

A. Focus Electric has fewer moving mechanical parts than a conventional gas-powered vehicle, which nearly eliminates scheduled maintenance. In fact, scheduled multi-point inspections, checking the tire pressure, rotating the tires and filling the windshield washer fluid is about all most Focus Electric drivers will need to do. There is no need for oil changes, muffler service, air or fuel filter, spark plug or O2 sensor replacement."

I am very surprised nobody seems to talk about this seemingly super huge benefit of the Focus ev. My suggestion to Ford would be to highlight this as a selling point more. This almost seems like one of the best selling points of the care and I rearel see it mentioned. What do other ford focus electric forum members think the best hidden / less talked about features are on the car?

I wish I knew how to put up an attachment here. If anyone can tell me I will post the Ford Recommended Maintenance Schedule.

However, I contacted Ford and got a recommended maintenance schedule which is fun to look at. Basically, they have 9 items to inspection which are performed at the first 10,000 miles then 20,000 miles and then every 20,000 miles thereafter. The only actual items that are changed is the cabin air filter and the battery coolant at 150,000 miles. Of course brakes are inspected every 20,000 miles and replaced when you wear them out. But who knows how long that will take as indicated by Whit who suggested the regen feature will slow you down most of the time.

Every 20,000 miles, wow... How nice is that.

dwf123 said:
Of course brakes are inspected every 20,000 miles and replaced when you wear them out. But who knows how long that will take as indicated by Whit who suggested the regen feature will slow you down most of the time.

Every 20,000 miles, wow... How nice is that.

Yes. On my last Prius inspection (90,000) I was told that the original brakes are "no where near needing replacement".

Back