The MyFord Mobile app

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NextGenDriver

I have been looking for a way to download and test this application out a little bit to get a better feel of the focus electric's capabilities but can not find it anywhere. would suggest to Ford to make this app more accessible or at least put out an official demo video. I am very curious to see what the focus ev can do with a smartphone. Does anyone have any more information on the:

MyFord Mobile app?

The app isn't out yet, but it will be soon. When it does come out, both the app and the website will have a guest mode that will allow you to experience the app without an ID.

There are several training videos out on YouTube now that you can check out about both the car and MyFord Mobile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7z2WAi8OBE

--joe
MyFord Mobile Engineer
Ford Motor Company

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

Do you have any idea when the app will be out? Or is that confidential? :)

Wow awesome - I can't believe an actual representative from Ford motor company stopped by the ford focus electric forum to keep us all updated on the Ford focus ev mobile app. Thanks Joe! So cool to see you hear. I still can not find the app for download anywhere. I did however read about this amazing app feature on the Ford focus ev website:

"Why Pre-heat and Cool?
Ford recommends preconditioning your electric vehicle while it's still plugged in to help maximize your range. By setting your departure time and the ideal temperature before you leave, you can conserve battery energy by only using power from the wall for the electric air conditioning or heater to attain your preconditioned temperature setting. With the free MyFord® Mobile app, you can schedule your EV to cool down or heat up from your smartphone."

Joe quick question? Will the Ford focus electric MyFord Mobile app be downloaded off a site like itunes or do will you get it from the Ford dealer or how will that work eventually?

If you call the 1-800 number for help with your Myfordmobile.com stuff, ask for Robert on Tuesday through Saturday. I was his FIRST Electric Focus call. (imagine that!) I fired questions and he wrote them down. He said he will get back to me.
They don't have ipad stuff to test the app stuff.

for the last few days, "MyFordMobile" has been telling me "Your vehicle can not be contacted right now".. The Text messqage to my cell phone saying it has finished charging doesn't work anymore either.

MyFordMobile still cannot contact my car. But when I start it the screen has a message saying the MyFordMobile program is running. I’ve tried from all my computers.
The iPad app for MyFordMobile had at one time let me use a 4 digit number as a short cut. But last night it said I had timed out and needed to sign in again, but it would not accept the sign in when I hit ‘go’ on the iPad. So I removed the App icon from the iPad.
If this were a simple system, I would say the transmitter or receiver in the car is not working but the MyFordMobile program is still running on the car’s computer.
Is there something I accidently turned off when diddling with things on the car’s screen?
I’ve adjusted the “GO times” and need MyFordMobile to update this info in the car.
Is this something I could take to a dealer in Charlotte, NC? MyFordMobile is used on more than just the Electric Focus isn’t it?

Whit,

Before I ordered my car (Nov 2011), I went to my local dealer and asked if they would be able to service the FFE. The service manager said they had already been contacted by Ford Service and that every dealer in the US would be able to repair the FFE. I stopped in to show him the car last week. They already have their EVSE hooked up and tell me they have all the troubleshooting codes in their computer system. We are in Rhode Island the smallest state and the last state to get anything new. :lol:

So give it a try. My Ford mobile, is in fact, available in all of their products. You should not have a problem. Plus, I know you have the tech number for My Ford Mobile, call it...

Wood

MyFordMobile still out. Am in the car with phone and lap top waiting for Robert to call.
With the car plugged in, you can run the AC while you wait :D
When I started it the Car had a statement on the screen saying "MyFordMobile" was set up. It's just not able to be contacted by the master computer.

Got up with Robert after about an hour, he said the team is still working on the issue. Wanted to know if I had driven the car in the last 3 days. Of course, every day. I thought we might look up the fuse just to see. Number 73 in the panel under the glove box, a 5 amp. Real tiny. I pulled it, but visual inspection was satisfactory. So no solution yet. They will let me know.
Putting the fuse back in tripped the traction control off some how and the car wouldn't move. The road side assistsnce folks called a dealer in Raleigh, NC and the guy they put on had never actually seen an electric Focus, but they had an EVCS ready if one showed up.
I got the problem worked out by fiddling with the start switch, the parking lever, the brake peddle and plugging in the power and unplugging it a couple of times.
I hear from these guys that My Ford mobile, is in fact, only available in electric Focus so far. Sync is in all of their products.

RESOLVED!!!
Actually spoke to the Engineers over the MyFordMobile feature about the 'imbedded modem', 'TCU' etc. The modem communicates to the 'cloud' with help from AT&T.
In a phone call they suggested I inspect fuse #1 ‘telemetry’ in the rear fuse block. I did; it was good (tested 0.055 ohms) and I put it back in. I drove home thinking we had not solved anything. At home, I plugged the car in, loaded the sofa for the evening news and my cell phone vibrated just once like for a text message. The car had called to tell me it was fully charged! WOW! During the ensuing conversation and cogitations it was thought that something happened in the program that locked the TCU up and the unplugging of the fuse reset it. Works great now but they plan to R&R the imbedded modem anyway for further investigation.
So bottom line, If the MyFordMoble quits, try R&R the #1 fuse in the left rear fender of the rear hatch area, inside the 3" X 6" felt cover. Take a flashlight and some needle nose plyers.

whitgallman said:
RESOLVED!!!
Actually spoke to the Engineers over the MyFordMobile feature about the 'imbedded modem', 'TCU' etc. The modem communicates to the 'cloud' with help from AT&T.
In a phone call they suggested I inspect fuse #1 ‘telemetry’ in the rear fuse block. I did; it was good (tested 0.055 ohms) and I put it back in. I drove home thinking we had not solved anything. At home, I plugged the car in, loaded the sofa for the evening news and my cell phone vibrated just once like for a text message. The car had called to tell me it was fully charged! WOW! During the ensuing conversation and cogitations it was thought that something happened in the program that locked the TCU up and the unplugging of the fuse reset it. Works great now but they plan to R&R the imbedded modem anyway for further investigation.
So bottom line, If the MyFordMoble quits, try R&R the #1 fuse in the left rear fender of the rear hatch area, inside the 3" X 6" felt cover. Take a flashlight and some needle nose plyers.
Nice bit of troubleshooting! And excellent support from Ford. Thanks for the update.

OK, it wasn't fully resolved but it is NOW!
I had the MyFordMobile go out a number of times. The Ford Engineers sent the local Ford Dealer (who han never seen an Electric Focus) a fully tested replacement 'embedded modem'. Even after the replacement, the MyFordMobile service went out again. The Ford Dearborn engineers were committed to figuring this out as they had not seen this problem with their cars up North.
This past Thursday, 3 Ford engineers flew down from Dearborn and spent the day with my car, instrumenting it and putting it through it's paces. They captured tons of data on their acquisition units and flew back home. (I'll bet even the Sultan of Bruni doesn't have factory engineers fly to his place to fix his Bentlys.)
They figured it out! Their wireless partner (we won't say it was AT&T) 'deployed a patch' to fix their Machine 2 Machine communication computer glitch. It has worked right every time since. Yea Ford! They figured out AT&T's problem.

I had the same problem in early August with the MyFordmobile working for a week then quitting. Pulling the #1 fuse and pushing it back in again had it working again.
Thanks

As for the nonexisiting Android app. You don't need it! Just pull MyFordMobile.com web site site up on your Android.

They figured it out! Their wireless partner (we won't say it was AT&T) 'deployed a patch' to fix their Machine 2 Machine communication computer glitch. It has worked right every time since. Yea Ford! They figured out AT&T's problem.

Whit - Is this problem of "Unable to contact car" still resolved? I have to remove my #1 fuse about 1/month. I am due for my 10,000 mile check up and want to know if I should tell the dealer to install any TSB that may have repaired this.

Wood

Believe it or not I would like to selectively limit the max charge the car receives. The grade I live on provides me a +8 charge/top-off coming down in the morning and that is charge (no pun) I don't need. If I could max at 90% that would be nice.

I just got a new 2013 FFE and for some weird reason the myford mobile app will not accept my VIN or ESN. I get the error" failed to look up the vehicle using vin or esn. When I try using the esn from Sirius the error says ESN much be 8 digits long vis the 12 on Sirius. Anyone esle experience this or can shed some light?

Rcarlyle said:
I just got a new 2013 FFE and for some weird reason the myford mobile app will not accept my VIN or ESN. I get the error" failed to look up the vehicle using vin or esn. When I try using the esn from Sirius the error says ESN much be 8 digits long vis the 12 on Sirius. Anyone esle experience this or can shed some light?

I just got a new 2013 FFE myself. I had the same issue as you. Finally I figured out that the Web site was sending me to the wrong place. Ford has two separate sites, one for the plug-in hybrids and one for the 100% electric hybrids. It was directing me to phev.myfordmobile.com, which would never recognize my VIN when I tried to add my car. The site you want is http://bev.myfordmobile.com.

If you were going to the "phev" site, delete your account there, then create a new account on the "bev" site. That is what I did, and it recognized my VIN on the first try.

Neither site recognized the ESN, which my car reports as 12 digits, as you saw. Both sites want an 8-digit ESN.

I hope this helps!

Steve

Back