NextGenDriver

The MyFord Mobile app

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:09 am

I have been looking for a way to download and test this application out a little bit to get a better feel of the focus electric's capabilities but can not find it anywhere. would suggest to Ford to make this app more accessible or at least put out an official demo video. I am very curious to see what the focus ev can do with a smartphone. Does anyone have any more information on the:

MyFord Mobile app?

jrork

Re: The MyFord Mobile app

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 pm

The app isn't out yet, but it will be soon. When it does come out, both the app and the website will have a guest mode that will allow you to experience the app without an ID.

There are several training videos out on YouTube now that you can check out about both the car and MyFord Mobile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7z2WAi8OBE

--joe
MyFord Mobile Engineer
Ford Motor Company

klaus

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

Do you have any idea when the app will be out? Or is that confidential? :)

GreenRPMs

Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 am

Wow awesome - I can't believe an actual representative from Ford motor company stopped by the ford focus electric forum to keep us all updated on the Ford focus ev mobile app. Thanks Joe! So cool to see you hear. I still can not find the app for download anywhere. I did however read about this amazing app feature on the Ford focus ev website:

"Why Pre-heat and Cool?
Ford recommends preconditioning your electric vehicle while it's still plugged in to help maximize your range. By setting your departure time and the ideal temperature before you leave, you can conserve battery energy by only using power from the wall for the electric air conditioning or heater to attain your preconditioned temperature setting. With the free MyFord® Mobile app, you can schedule your EV to cool down or heat up from your smartphone."

Joe quick question? Will the Ford focus electric MyFord Mobile app be downloaded off a site like itunes or do will you get it from the Ford dealer or how will that work eventually?

KeiJidosha

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:51 am

Nice review of MyFord Mobile app at InsideEVs
http://insideevs.com/ford-focus-electri ... rld-tests/

whitgallman

Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I've been using it from my lap top. but will put it on the lap top tonight.

whitgallman

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

If you call the 1-800 number for help with your Myfordmobile.com stuff, ask for Robert on Tuesday through Saturday. I was his FIRST Electric Focus call. (imagine that!) I fired questions and he wrote them down. He said he will get back to me.
They don't have ipad stuff to test the app stuff.

whitgallman

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 am

for the last few days, "MyFordMobile" has been telling me "Your vehicle can not be contacted right now".. The Text messqage to my cell phone saying it has finished charging doesn't work anymore either.

whitgallman

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:29 am

MyFordMobile still cannot contact my car. But when I start it the screen has a message saying the MyFordMobile program is running. I’ve tried from all my computers.
The iPad app for MyFordMobile had at one time let me use a 4 digit number as a short cut. But last night it said I had timed out and needed to sign in again, but it would not accept the sign in when I hit ‘go’ on the iPad. So I removed the App icon from the iPad.
If this were a simple system, I would say the transmitter or receiver in the car is not working but the MyFordMobile program is still running on the car’s computer.
Is there something I accidently turned off when diddling with things on the car’s screen?
I’ve adjusted the “GO times” and need MyFordMobile to update this info in the car.
Is this something I could take to a dealer in Charlotte, NC? MyFordMobile is used on more than just the Electric Focus isn’t it?

Return to “Suggestions for Ford”