different grille?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the 2009 grille looks hideous!
FYI That's probably not an EV just a normal '09 Focus

Do you like the older Ford Focus grill? I actually like the newer grill on the Ford Focus Electric - it looks like a big angry mouth, ready to devour gasoline powered vehicles that get in the Ford Focus Electric's way :lol:

Perhaps they changed the way the grill looks because the Ford Focus Electric has a grill that automatically opens when cooling is needed, and then closes to increase aero-dynamics.

Perhaps that's why it is SO huge and does look like an angry mouth ready to devour something - who knows? I guess it's a matter of personal taste, I just prefer the older grille in the picture.

this is an interesting Ford Focus Electric topic and actually brings up a side issue I was thinking about. I was wondering how people on the ford focus electric forum feel about focus ev after market parts. I think even if we lets say do not like the grill in the grand scheme of things we should just not worry about it too much. I think minimizing the amount of new parts produced would be a nice partnership to the ideal of the focus ev.

I wish the Ford Focus Electric looked more like the Mustang GT, although I know that would hurt the mustang branding. The focus electric still looks nice. It hought the 2012 grill was good. Do they have the same style on the electric?

THe focus ev is a nice machine. I want 4.

I typically enjoy the grille in most Ford's. The ford focus electric looks good to me. I liked the Fusion's as well. It is true that the grille does impact a lot of the visual, i'm glad the ford focus electric has a good one.

The grille on the 2013 focus electric appears non-functional. The lower looks functional. How about the upper being like the Tesla S - smooth to increase the aerodynamics? The new Ford grilles do look like a shark waiting to devour it's prey.

Back