What I am missing on the Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigi

I bought my wife a Fusion Energi last month and I like it so much that I've started thinking about buying a Focus Electric for myself so that I can park my 14.3 mpg F150. I took a test drive and I like the car. I was particularly pleased with the acceleration, handling, and overall feel of the car. The only negative I encountered was some road noise on grooved pavement.

I am confused why the Focus Electric is missing the power moonroof and homelink, which are available on the Focus SE. Can these be added later by the dealer or can they be included as options if I order a car built?

I really appreciate the 10-way driver's seat with memory and the auto-dimming mirrors on the Fusion and my F150. As advanced as the Focus Electric is, I wonder why these are not offered as options?

I'd like to get one of these, but for the price, I would like it to be just a little nicer. Does anyone know anything about the availability of these options?

Well, there is only one optioni...leather. And with that, you get the multi-function driver seat. The 2012 had a few more options than the 2013 and 2014...namely autosensing wipers, homelink, and electrochromatic mirror; however, I think someone said they added homelink back to the 2014. Now don't be too dismayed about this. For whatever reason, my electrochromatic mirror tends to drop down after a few days and I have to readjust. I've never had to do that with any other car. It is likely due to the weight of it. The autosensing wipers are ok, but you get a big attachment to your windshield. It is ok for me because I'm tall, but if I were shorter, it would be like "right there" in my sight. I comes down from the rear view mirror.

Sunroof, no. Probably added too much more weight...just a guess...or already too expensive. The FFE is 600lbs more than a standard focus. Also, the electric seat, there is no memory. So yeah, a few things you just can't get from the dealer; however, it is a fun car to own.

2 answers.

First, Ford is pushing cars with ICEs over cars those that don't. They make more money on long term service and maintenance.

Second, the FFE is a compliance car, a very good compliance car, but a low volume compliance car. Not enough made to have much variation.

As to dealers, depends what upgrade you want. They'll sell almost any 3rd party modification for an additional price if it gets you to buy. There are a few modifications, like sun-roofs, which are problem ridden if added which some places will shy away from, as would I.

The C-Max energy has a lot of the perks you are looking for. But the FFE is so responsive and so much fun to drive, I prefer it to other creature comforts. Personally, I wish they would make a plug in Edge. That's my dream car.

Back