Come up with a real reservation list.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottw

Instead of the $99 get your money back whenever you want deposit like the Leaf. Have a 2 level deposit. The $500 no refund unless it takes more than a year to get your car deposit and $99 get your money back when every you want deposit. The people in the $500 category would be at the front of the line.

scottw said:
Instead of the $99 get your money back whenever you want deposit like the Leaf. Have a 2 level deposit. The $500 no refund unless it takes more than a year to get your car deposit and $99 get your money back when every you want deposit. The people in the $500 category would be at the front of the line.

Yes, the serious and the seriouser. :)

scottw said:

:) I'm all for a serious reservation system similar to Nissan with the Leaf. The problem with Nissan's system has not been the $99, it has been Nissan's inability to fulfill their side of the plan by taking orders when they said they would. Maybe Ford can do better. I hope they don't just use the traditional dealer system, but I'm thinking that is what's going to happen.

I think a serious reservation system would do well - IF Ford can deliver the Focus Electric when they say they will. I'd hate to have paid to be in the seriouser group only to have my money tied up when some other EV becomes available first!

I don't think the no-refund idea is legal, at least in my state (CA). Don't mind putting down $500, however.

What would happen if they simply sold the Ford Focus EV on a first come first serve basis? Basically treat the Focus electric like a new limited edition Michael Jordan shoe. Of course there would have to be a little more planning for focus ev obviously. This would seem to give the dealers more flexibility as well. If I was a dealer I would want the all cash / same day / drive off the lot buyers but maybe that is just me. As few of the Ford Focus Electric cars as there are I am sure all cash buyers out strip supply as well.

Back