2017 video finally

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphaman

Just found this on YouTube. The charging port cover is radically different -- looks like a regular flip-open gas cap, but is still on the left front fender. The ring of charging lights is gone, too, replaced with a vertical bar. Obviously, the needs of the extra quick charge port, barely visible in the video below the standard charging port, necessitated the change in the design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa0koj3j668

I'd prefer the ring with 8 quadrants. It's visible from far away. I'm amazing how the car hasn't changed much from the 2012 shape. That's 6 years!

damania said:
I'm amazing how the car hasn't changed much from the 2012 shape. That's 6 years!
Well the ICE Focus hasn't changed much either: Mostly just the front grill change (to make it look more like the FFE! :) ).

Why mess up a good thing: Look at the latest Fusions as well; they haven't changed much at all since their introduction.

They must have published a Ford video--I know exactly where that was taken (at least some of the footage); driven down those streets myself! LOL
As an example: at 1:19 of the video they drive it here:
Google Maps Street view of Northville

I like the door + LEDs: It looks SOOOO much more robust than the cheapy twisty turny thing the FFE has now (and the Energi models). In addition hiding the LEDs when the door is closed is a pretty good idea too (I did like the ring as well but this arrangement seems more practical to me).

damania said:
I'd prefer the ring with 8 quadrants. It's visible from far away. I'm amazing how the car hasn't changed much from the 2012 shape. That's 6 years!
:? 2016 - 2012 = 4 years??? where did you get 6? You aren't using common core math are you?

triangles said:
:? 2016 - 2012 = 4 years??? where did you get 6? You aren't using common core math are you?
2017 - 2012 is a difference of 5 years. But if you're counting model years, it's 6.

Back