Picked up a 2013 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krisverde

Some of you have seen my previous post where I was on the search for an FFE. Well I finally bought one yesterday. OW with 31,400 miles on it.

14141790_10154373287702394_3135687956917947386_n.jpg

Here it is next to my ST.
14117777_10154373758477394_5892759594577037613_n.jpg

While not as fun to drive as the ST it's still a fun car to drive. Obviously the cars are on 2 different sides of the spectrum lolol.

I have an extra set of ST wheels i've thought about throwing on.

Next thing I need to do is install a level 2 charger or at least get one of those level 2 charge cords.

Krisverde said:
Some of you have seen my previous post where I was on the search for an FFE. Well I finally bought one yesterday. OW with 31,400 miles on it.

While not as fun to drive as the ST it's still a fun car to drive. Obviously the cars are on 2 different sides of the spectrum lolol.

Next thing I need to do is install a level 2 charger or at least get one of those level 2 charge cords.

Congratulations, and welcome to the FFE club!! Recommend you go with the Level 2 charger. I got mine for about $450, and since my house already had an unused 240V circuit, I installed it myself (I can mount conduit and pull wires; only thing I had to do was get an electrician friend to do the hookups to the box for me).

With respect to owning both ends of the Focus spectrum, not quite......you forget about the RS! I've got an RS on order right now, it's been delivered to the Port and we're just waiting for it to be transported to my local dealer. We're hoping for this weekend. I bought the RS for my college-age son, who saved me way more than the cost of this car by getting a free ride to college. When it comes in, I plan to get some pictures of the two cars side by side.

Keith

campfamily said:
Krisverde said:

Congratulations, and welcome to the FFE club!! Recommend you go with the Level 2 charger. I got mine for about $450, and since my house already had an unused 240V circuit, I installed it myself (I can mount conduit and pull wires; only thing I had to do was get an electrician friend to do the hookups to the box for me).

With respect to owning both ends of the Focus spectrum, not quite......you forget about the RS! I've got an RS on order right now, it's been delivered to the Port and we're just waiting for it to be transported to my local dealer. We're hoping for this weekend. I bought the RS for my college-age son, who saved me way more than the cost of this car by getting a free ride to college. When it comes in, I plan to get some pictures of the two cars side by side.

Keith
Cool! I'm thinking of an RS once my lease is up. I drive less than 400 miles per month now, so I really don't need my eFoFo.

Were you able to get an RS without a dealer markup?

Cool! I'm thinking of an RS once my lease is up. I drive less than 400 miles per month now, so I really don't need my eFoFo.

Were you able to get an RS without a dealer markup?[/quote]

Yep....actually, we will get $500 off, since my son is active duty military (he's a college student at the US Air Force Academy). I also just got an email from Ford offering me $1000 off as a repeat buyer, we'll see if Ford will allow me to apply that.

Keith

Folks, when posting replies that quote a previous message, maybe edit the quote to isolate just the relavant text? -- and especially to remove large images.

Nobody likes to scroll through a thread full of nothing but copies of the same image.

Thanks for the response! The problem I have with the RS is paying that much for a focus. At that price I'd rather have a new gt with performance package. Some people out here in az have been able to get the RS @ msrp.

Also I'll be looking into a level 2 charger soon. So I'll keep my eyes peeled for a decent priced one.

You should perform a battery capacity test on your '13 the first chance you get. There are instructions in the Battery Degradation thread under Batteries and Charging. The battery in my '13 has degraded about 18%, I don't consider this degradation to be a serious problem yet but it's good track battery condition over time so you know when it's time to replace the battery or the car.

Texas FFE said:
You should perform a battery capacity test on your '13 the first chance you get. There are instructions in the Battery Degradation thread under Batteries and Charging. The battery in my '13 has degraded about 18%, I don't consider this degradation to be a serious problem yet but it's good track battery condition over time so you know when it's time to replace the battery or the car.
I will look into this!

Back