Finally... Tint and Electric Decals Removed

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shniestEV

2016 FFE - Lost some of the side decals during a car wash.. Dealership offered to fix I decided I wanted them removed instead.

Tint: Sun-Gard - Shadow 20
http://www.sun-gard.com/auto-tint-simulator

tint.jpg

shniestEV said:
2016 FFE - Lost some of the side decals during a car wash.. Dealership offered to fix I decided I wanted them removed instead.

Tint: Sun-Gard - Shadow 20
http://www.sun-gard.com/auto-tint-simulator

tint.jpg

I had mine tinted to Back windows and rear to 5 and front 20. It helps a lot during summer here in TX heat. If pre cooled i dont have to turn A/C on for at least 10 mile of drive, before you start to feel the heat.

Unfortunately we are not allowed to tint the fronts here in Vancouver, Canada. At least not more than a single shade from clear. However we dont get your heat so I opted for 20 on all 5 back windows only... makes the look of the car so much better.

shniestEV said:
2016 FFE - Lost some of the side decals during a car wash.
Decals? I assume you mean emblems.

Or, did you have some kind of decals applied?

Wow... what kind of carwash is strong enough to swipe emblems (or decals) off?

WattsUp said:
shniestEV said:
2016 FFE - Lost some of the side decals during a car wash.
Decals? I assume you mean emblems.

Or, did you have some kind of decals applied?

Wow... what kind of carwash is strong enough to swipe emblems (or decals) off?

Yes, I have similar questions.
Are the Electric and Focus emblems weakly attached and we should be extra careful with them, especially for those of us who are leasing the FFE?

I was hand washing it at home.... and actually the "I" in electric went flying off when i hit it with the wash mitt. Yeah the electric badges i removed all 3 (No decals sorry i wouldnt let them put any on when i bought it) but now im stuck with the HOV decal but i figured I should have went all the way and removed the "focus" as well... :)

shniestEV said:
I was hand washing it at home.... and actually the "I" in electric went flying off when i hit it with the wash mitt. Yeah the electric badges i removed all 3 (No decals sorry i wouldnt let them put any on when i bought it) but now im stuck with the HOV decal but i figured I should have went all the way and removed the "focus" as well... :)

So they are fragile? I better be extra careful when washing, I don't know if I could trust a regular car wash place in this case?

MY 2015 FFE, when i bought it new last yr, I got one of those unlimied car wash, and I would get car wash every other day, no problem, nothing came out.

shniestEV said:
I almost took off a letter on the Fusion with my wash mitt. I have three different wash mitts that I use when washing by hand. Two will grab the letters & rip them off, one won't. The one that won't is something like this. The ones that will rip the letters off are this style.

hybridbear said:
I almost took off a letter on the Fusion with my wash mitt. I have three different wash mitts that I use when washing by hand. Two will grab the letters & rip them off, one won't. The one that won't is something like this. The ones that will rip the letters off are this style.

Yeah mine is more like the latter... good to know... although i dont have any decals to come off anymore! I'll still invest in one of the others... thanks! And maybe one of those foam cannons!

Back