Some Ford Focus Electric pictures

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

I was browsing the Ford website and found some Ford Focus Electric photos I hadn't seen before, and thought I'd share them with you!

They are mostly close-ups of some interior features in the Ford Focus Electric:

Ford Focus Electric push button start (or more specifically push button turn on)
FRD2011010747470_PV.jpg

The Ford Focus Electric's eco-friendly seats are built with bio-foam seat cushions and recycled fabrics.
FRD2011010747466_PV.jpg

Power outlet and seat warmer controls on the center console.
FRD2011010747419_PV.jpg

8-inch touch screen in the middle of the Ford Focus Electric dash.
FRD2011010747685_PV.jpg

The Ford Focus Electric's shifter looks just like the gasoline Ford Focus
FRD2011010747830_PV.jpg

The only picture I've seen of the back seat. I wonder how many car seats can fit across the Ford Focus Electric?
FRD2011011932733_PV.jpg

Interior shot from the passenger side of the Ford Focus Electric
FRD2011010748066_PV.jpg

I wonder why the EVs shifter looks just like the gasoline Ford Focus, is it to use an existing part or is it to make it seem more of what we're used to ? (thanks for the pictures)

Probably to use an existing part - what else would the Focus Electric's shifter look like? It's only a 4 option selector so there's only so much you can do with it.

I believe Ford is trying to maintain the overall look of the basic Focus for several reasons. Minimize the parts supply problems, buffer the "change" aspect of the EV, and allow the car to built on an existing production line. All good reasons to try and hold down the cost to produce. My concerns are that the delay in introduction (cost?) is an industry response to the current political climate which is not environmentally friendly or, for that matter, anti science. The "we don't want no stinking EV" approach seems to be gaining favor.

Back