Nancy Gioia plugging in a Ford Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

california

This is Nancy Gioia, Ford's director of Global Electrification, posing while plugging in a 2012 Ford Focus Electric car.

2012-ford-focus_100336344_m.jpg

I'm going to guess prototype - has anyone seen a production Ford Focus Electric yet? I don't think they exist... at least not that Ford is showing/letting on...

My vote is that's a prototype Ford Focus Electric. No one has seen the production version yet, and many are skeptical the production version of the Ford Focus Electric even exists yet - if it does, wouldn't Ford be selling it? Or are they sitting on it so they have 10000 Ford Focus Electric's stored up so they don't run into the same supply bottleneck that Nissan did?

My guess is production Ford Focus Electric, or at least closer to a production Ford Focus Electric than a prototype Ford Focus Electric.

Remember the prototypes? The bright orange Ford Focus Electric's with the old style grill/body? This is clearly the new Focus model - perhaps just a gasoline version with a plugin port added, or perhaps just a non-functioning or non complete Ford Focus Electric.

Back