2015 FFE Changes

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trey

Well, I took delivery of my 2015 last night. Since there have been conflicting reports of what would be different on the 2015, I can share my initial observations. I will provide some pictures of my "Magnetic" FFE with leather and power seats if desired.

What did change:
1. The taillights
2. The back hatch has some cosmetic changes (I like the 2014 better)
3. The interior has some cosmetic changes
4. The reflectors in the back bumper are larger

What did not change (and was in many pictures posted):
1. The black skirt at the bottom still exists. It was not painted to match the body color.
2. The grill is still the same. It was not painted black.
3. The B and C pillars are still gloss. They are not flat black as a 2015 picture had shown.

That is all so far but I should actually see it in the light today which will be good. If anyone wants a picture of something in particular to compare, let me know. I am also very curious as to what I missed.

Trey

Here is a picture that reflects what the rumors were. Unless there is a midyear refresh, this picture reflects the three changes I mentioned above that were NOT included.

2015grille3.png

Pictures are always fun! What interior cosmetic changes are there? Did the 2015 bring back rain sensing wipers? HomeLink? Auto-dimming rear view mirror?

Does the side window glass seem extra thick? Or does it seem like regular glass? And if we could get a picture of the console between the seats to see the new cup holder and parking brake placement would be a bonus.

hybridbear said:
Pictures are always fun! What interior cosmetic changes are there? Did the 2015 bring back rain sensing wipers? HomeLink? Auto-dimming rear view mirror?

The picture I posted below matches my 2015 exactly. I have had it less than 24 hours, but here are some differences I can see so far:
1. The emergency brake seems to be pushed farther down between the seats
2. The heated seat controls are relocated to be in with the climate control (harder to find). Same can be said for the defrosters.
3. The gloss black section around the volume button is all. The vents, gear selector, and climate control are flat black
4. The power door locks are on the doors, relocated from the center next to the hazards
5. The display for the climate control seems to be changed a bit

That is about all I can see at this point. Compared to a 2014, there is still no Homelink or an auto-dimming rearview mirror. I have not tried the wipers yet but I d not anticipate rain sensing ones were added. I will keep looking for differences while I spend a bit more time behind the wheel.

Trey

Sorry for the image size...
2015-ford-focus-electric-interior.jpg

Same steering wheel, headlight controls & power window buttons.

The new seat heater button design with electric buttons instead of physical dials means that it will be possible to have heated seats come on during remote start. Does the 2015 menu settings for remote start include an option for heated seats during remote start?

Is there a USB port right by the 12V outlet? That would be pretty neat, assuming they didn't eliminate the 2 USB ports inside the console.

Is there a storage cubby right under the HVAC controls? That's something we don't have which would be nice.

I would like to see a picture of the cup holders & parking brake location.

hybridbear said:

The new seat heater button design with electric buttons instead of physical dials means that it will be possible to have heated seats come on during remote start. Does the 2015 menu settings for remote start include an option for heated seats during remote start?

Is there a USB port right by the 12V outlet? That would be pretty neat, assuming they didn't eliminate the 2 USB ports inside the console.

Is there a storage cubby right under the HVAC controls? That's something we don't have which would be nice.

I will take a picture of the cup holders and e-brake tonight.

There is a USP port under the climate control just a bit higher than the 12V. There is only one in the console so if you have two, this was merely relocated. There is a little storage cubby right under the climate control. It is pretty good for a phone as long as you don't have a monster Galaxy Note.

I will check the menu settings for remote start. When I was playing around I did not notice something for the heated seats but I was not looking.

Trey said:
hybridbear said:

I will take a picture of the cup holders and e-brake tonight.

There is a USB port under the climate control just a bit higher than the 12V. There is only one in the console so if you have two, this was merely relocated. There is a little storage cubby right under the climate control. It is pretty good for a phone as long as you don't have a monster Galaxy Note.

I will check the menu settings for remote start. When I was playing around I did not notice something for the heated seats but I was not looking.
Thanks. I would find that both nice and annoying to have one USB in the console and one outside it. We usually keep an old iPod connected inside the console and often plug in our phone while driving to the other USB. It's often nice to just stick the phone completely inside the console while it's charging. With one port outside & one inside you'd have to keep the phone outside the console.

It would be awesome if you can have your heated seats come on during a remote start. I love getting into the Energi and sitting down on a warm seat from remote starting the car.

Trey said:
Well, I took delivery of my 2015 last night. Since there have been conflicting reports of what would be different on the 2015, I can share my initial observations. I will provide some pictures of my "Magnetic" FFE with leather and power seats if desired.
Trey , when did you order your FFE that you already got it? Also where are you located what state? Just curious where the first ordrs are going I ordered my in November and still no word...

lietuviukasd said:
Trey , when did you order your FFE that you already got it? Also where are you located what state? Just curious where the first ordrs are going I ordered my in November and still no word...

The dealership said it was ordered right when the 2015 window opened up. They already had it on order a few weeks before I put my deposit down to hold it. I did not get to change the color, but Magnetic looks pretty good. I am located in Georgia, and since there are so many EVs here maybe it is prioritized second to CA. I am not sure how it was built and arrived so quickly but I am not going to complain. The build quality looks good so far and I was worried they rushed it or the QC was going to be lacking because it was likely one of the first with the subtle 2015 changes.

Steve0512 said:
Does the side window glass seem extra thick? Or does it seem like regular glass? And if we could get a picture of the console between the seats to see the new cup holder and parking brake placement would be a bonus.

I did compare the glass to my Acura TL last night and the Ford does seem thicker. I wonder if that is to quiet the cabin.

You also asked for a picture of the cup holder area. Sorry it was in a dark garage this morning before work but it should help a bit.
CenterArea_zpsac359538-1.jpg

Trey said:
lietuviukasd said:

The dealership said it was ordered right when the 2015 window opened up. They already had it on order a few weeks before I put my deposit down to hold it. I did not get to change the color, but Magnetic looks pretty good. I am located in Georgia, and since there are so many EVs here maybe it is prioritized second to CA. I am not sure how it was built and arrived so quickly but I am not going to complain. The build quality looks good so far and I was worried they rushed it or the QC was going to be lacking because it was likely one of the first with the subtle 2015 changes.

You know my order is Magnetic also....just curious if you can confirm on some on these rumors that epa estimate range has changed to 81 Miles per charge? can you confirme that...or does it say that on the sticker?
Thanks

hybridbear said:

I checked all settings and also referenced the manual. No heated seats on remote start.

Rogerschro said:
I think the heated seats only come on when it senses weight on it, like the passenger airbag does.
Yes, that's been my experience. The passenger seat does not get warm if nobody is sitting in it, no matter how much you turn up the dial. I assume the driver seat works the same way.

The seats (well, the passenger side, at least) already contains a weight sensor in order to shut off the airbag when necessary. One might conclude it would be easy to use the same sensor to gate the heater as well.

According to the VIN sticker for a 2015, it's 76 miles for range:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FADP3R45FL208831

The 2015 FFEs are starting to get in stock at local Southern California Ford dealers now.
I got a phone call message this morning from a local Ford dealer alerting me that they had the new 2015 FFEs now in stock.

Back