Ford Website

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer

Has anybody else seen this website?
http://www.ford.com/technology/electric/howevswork/?tab=BatteryEV

It's just 'general' information about how an electric vehicle, but I'm guessing that since the only electric vehicle Ford is talking about is the Focus that it must be data related to the Focus Electric and the cutaway chassis views are probably the chassis that will be used in the Focus EV?

Instead of a gasoline engine, the Ford all-electric vehicle will have an electric motor and high-voltage lithium-ion battery. It will run purely on electricity and is targeted to go up to 100 miles on a single charge. Because electricity is often cheaper than gasoline, it may be less costly to operate. Especially if you charge the battery at night when electric rates are lower. The all-electric vehicle will also feature a Regenerative Braking System, which will enable it to capture braking energy and store it for later use.

There's a vary nice comparison chart that helps explain the different components that electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and plug in hybrid vehicles have.

dreamer said:
Has anybody else seen this website?
http://www.ford.com/technology/electric/howevswork/?tab=BatteryEV

It's just 'general' information about how an electric vehicle, but I'm guessing that since the only electric vehicle Ford is talking about is the Focus that it must be data related to the Focus Electric and the cutaway chassis views are probably the chassis that will be used in the Focus EV?

Instead of a gasoline engine, the Ford all-electric vehicle will have an electric motor and high-voltage lithium-ion battery. It will run purely on electricity and is targeted to go up to 100 miles on a single charge. Because electricity is often cheaper than gasoline, it may be less costly to operate. Especially if you charge the battery at night when electric rates are lower. The all-electric vehicle will also feature a Regenerative Braking System, which will enable it to capture braking energy and store it for later use.

There's a vary nice comparison chart that helps explain the different components that electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and plug in hybrid vehicles have.

Very nice figure; thank you. It's definitely not a Volt and not a Leaf, so it much be .... BME? no, then ....

dreamer said:
at is a BME?
Battery motorized electric?
Big massive ecofriendly?

A BME is a mistyping of a BMW. Use your decoder ring. Just one little letter difference. OK, a fairly big letter. (smile).
The Ford website's sketch really is a good one.

Even with my decoder wring I don't know I could've figured it out either! I though battery something or other too.

Haha! Awesome! Decoder ring :lol:

That Ford website says the advanced lithium ion batteries will power the Ford Focus Electric vehicle for a targeted 100 miles - that's the most official stat I've seen anywhere of a range indication for the 2012 Ford Focus Electric.

Back