De-badged 2014 Ford Focus Electric Oxford White

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studio460

FFE1.png

FFE2.png

FFE3.png

FFE4.png

Awesome pictures, studio460! Congrats on the awesome deal.

Mind if I use a couple of them on a personal calendar? Will keep your copyright on it, of course. It's just a one-off I make to hang in my office, using shutterfly. Used to buy a Corvette calender every year, not really into that anymore since getting the FFE.

BTW, looks like Sunrise (or whatever dealer they got your FFE from) installed your front license plate bracket a bit high; should be installed one grille slat lower. It's an easy fix; here's a post on it:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1099&start=0#p4547

Interestingly, my FFE was a dealer trade from Sunrise to Autonation Valencia, and the bracket was installed just like yours...

v_traveller said:
Awesome pictures, studio460! Mind if I use a couple of them on a personal calendar? Will keep your copyright on it, of course. It's just a one-off I make to hang in my office, using shutterfly.
Gee, thanks! PM me your e-mail and I'll send you full-resolution files without the copyright!

Snowball 14 said:
Have you installed the ST spoiler?
I bought the $149, after-market eBay ST spoiler replica last week. It came primer-gray, and looks great. I'm very pleased with the quality of the part. They also packed it very carefully. It's guaranteed a good fitment with the 2014 FFE by the seller. I left the spoiler at the body shop last week, so hopefully I'll have them install it in the next day or so.

v_traveller said:
BTW, looks like Sunrise (or whatever dealer they got your FFE from) installed your front license plate bracket a bit high; should be installed one grille slat lower.
The re-positioning of the plate-holder didn't occur to me (and I'm usually really picky about this kind of stuff). I did inspect it upon delivery for level. I actually like where it already is. Thanks for mentioning the link, though!

v_traveller said:
Mind if I use a couple of them on a personal calendar? Will keep your copyright on it, of course. It's just a one-off I make to hang in my office, using shutterfly.
Sorry I'm taking so long to send you the files. Give me a while to shoot more pictures so you can have an entire calendar year of images. Also, if any FFE owners of any colors other than Oxford White or White Platinum would like to meet in El Segundo, California (the location where these photos were shot) on some weekend for about 30 minutes, that would make a nice addition. One more thing, if anyone can bring a pretty girl who looks particularly good in a bikini, please bring her as well. PM me for contact info.

studio460 said:
v_traveller said:
Mind if I use a couple of them on a personal calendar? Will keep your copyright on it, of course. It's just a one-off I make to hang in my office, using shutterfly.
Sorry I'm taking so long to send you the files. Give me a while to shoot more pictures so you can have an entire calendar year of images.
No worries! I usually start making the calendar sometime around Thanksgiving. Thanks!

Olagon said:
What's "de-badged" mean?
He removed the Focus emblem from the left side of the hatch door (to be kewl). See the photo.

Turns out, most emblems are only attached with adhesive, and are easy to remove (and put back on later, if you change your mind).

WattsUp said:
Olagon said:
What's "de-badged" mean?
He removed the Focus emblem from the left side of the hatch door (to be kewl). See the photo.

Turns out, most emblems are only attached with adhesive, and are easy to remove (and put back on later, if you change your mind).

Thanks! The pics now show up for me :)

WattsUp said:
. . . Turns out, most emblems are only attached with adhesive, and are easy to remove (and put back on later, if you change your mind).
The Focus emblem was attached with adhesive-backed foam. I used a heat gun and some dental floss, and it came off pretty easily. The small amount of remaining adhesive came off right away with some orange cleaner, but most of it just peeled off by hand. A quick buff with a microfiber cloth and some glass cleaner, and you'd never know it was there!

WattsUp said:
He removed the Focus emblem from the left side of the hatch door (to be kewl) . . .
My ICE vehicle is completely de-badged:

vegas1.jpg

vegas-mm1.jpg

Back