New Lease deals...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Prior to 4/1 Ford was offering $10k off a FFE lease.

Now the latest deal is $11k off the lease (at least in MI). The $11k off ends 7/8/13.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/electric/

(Of course this makes me happy since the deal got better while I wait for my order to come in.)

Doh! I should've waited a month! For my area (CA) it shows $11750 rebate!

So do you mind me asking what your term and monthly payments would be?

I am looking into leasing a Volt or a FFE In Montreal, Canada ( I am an American, new to car buying north of the border ) and I just got sticker-lease-shock. Vehicles are expensive up here compared to the kind of promotional deals you can get in the USA.

Thanks, Stefan

jmueller065 said:
The term and payments are spelled out in the link:
36 months/ $284/month with $929 down / 10,500 miles/year.

I got a better deal last month anyway.

$250 per month tax INCLUDED 0 down. 36 month, 10.5k

The best deal I found was $300 a month out the door 36 months and zero down 10,500 a year.
sticker was $41 somehting k. it had leather

I'd like to know the details of $250 month OTD, that's a smokin deal.

We did a test drive this afternoon and they ran the numbers on a lease...

Price $41500
Incentive $11750
Down $2000
Monthly $350
Mileage 15000/yr
Term 36 mo
Residual 17500

The thing that struck me was how low the residual value is. This is a lease deal that favors the buyer: a 3-year-old FFE is going to be worth more than $18K.

The $11750 incentive, less $7500 tax credit, means a $4250 discount. My dealer explained this incentive is only available on leases, not available on an outright purchase. If they expect to sell us the car anyway in 2016, that part doesn't make sense to me.

Also the $4K off a $40K price tag is not really enough. Leaf just dropped what, $6K off a lower priced car. And like it or not, Leaf is what FFE is competing against.

All they really need to do is come up with a $22K residual value, and that $310 lease payment drops to $199... the magic number Leaf is hitting now, and lower than the $250 Volt has been rumored to hit from time to time.

We'll test drive the Leaf next, and I'm sure we'll find the FFE outclasses it. Not sure if we'll find it's so much more car we're ready to spend $9K more for it, or a 50% higher lease.

bobdavisnpf said:
We did a test drive this afternoon and they ran the numbers on a lease...

Price $41500
Incentive $11750
Down $2000
Monthly $350
Mileage 15000/yr
Term 36 mo
Residual 17500

The thing that struck me was how low the residual value is. This is a lease deal that favors the buyer: a 3-year-old FFE is going to be worth more than $18K.

The $11750 incentive, less $7500 tax credit, means a $4250 discount. My dealer explained this incentive is only available on leases, not available on an outright purchase. If they expect to sell us the car anyway in 2016, that part doesn't make sense to me.

Also the $4K off a $40K price tag is not really enough. Leaf just dropped what, $6K off a lower priced car. And like it or not, Leaf is what FFE is competing against.

All they really need to do is come up with a $22K residual value, and that $310 lease payment drops to $199... the magic number Leaf is hitting now, and lower than the $250 Volt has been rumored to hit from time to time.

We'll test drive the Leaf next, and I'm sure we'll find the FFE outclasses it. Not sure if we'll find it's so much more car we're ready to spend $9K more for it, or a 50% higher lease.

Your deal is close to what I found if that $350 is the total including tax and license.
The $2k down pretty much buys the added miles to 15k.
But I think that's still paying too much.
The Ford.com deal now with leather is $308 a month and zero down. The Ford dealer I went to said then you add the fees but he would easily be able to make it the $308 monthly out the door with zero own and 10,500 miles a year for the 36 month lease on the 2013.

I guess these leases are good, but I'm glad I purchased my FFE. It is my primary car at this point. A 10,500 miles/year restriction would be too limiting for me. I've already driven 4,500 in 3 months! :) Just something to think about.

Yes, bit of a risk to purchase, not knowing the future of the FFE or EVs in general, but I figure a still-working FFE will make a great car for a high-school or college kid a few years from now, if I choose to sell. And the 5-star safety rating will make it even more attractive (to the potential parent buyers) in that case.

I just got a lease for $265/month (no tax here) $0 down 10,500 miles per year with a residual of $18,500. Too bad they forgot to put the charge cord in the car. No big deal but still it's a PITA.

I will be leasing mine in the next few days when I get back from vacation.
It's a 2013 white platinum with leather 36 months with 15k miles for $363.53 a month including everything and zero down and drive off fees.
I thought I could better but this was the best I could get. And I verified with others dealers in the neighboring state.

When you all have been negotiating your leases, do you start with the position that you want to buy then change the scenario to a lease?

Nope; I pretty much told the sales person that I wanted the lease deal as specified on Ford's website (granted the FFE was the 14th vehicle we've purchased/leased from this dealership).

Just picked up my FFE. lease was based after the fed credit $7500 and Ford incentive. Total around 11K off of MSRP
my lease is $270.

Just got my FFE! Thanks to everyone on this forum!
Lease details:
Southern CA area.
Oxford White with leather. The MSRP was $40,990.
36months/10,500 miles/year
$2500 down
$182/month plus tax it comes to $197/month

Seemed good to me, please let me know how it compares to others.

Just in case you are only reading this thread, as I was before I leased a few days ago, you should also check out the Technical threads. There is a major issue reported there of the FFE losing all power while driving. This has left several people stranded on the highway, in the middle of a busy intersection, etc. Ford dealers do not appear to know how to conclusively fix the problem.

While I had been extremely excited to have leased the car a few days ago, I am now very concerned. My wife is the primary driver, with our two small children in the back....

And yet there are people who have driven their FFE for well over 10,000 miles without a single issue.

As it is today the failure rate seems to be about 2% (at least that is what I figured based on my spreadsheet I made of the serious errors). Even though that is a really high failure rate for a production vehicle it still is pretty good odds that you won't have a problem.

In addition I'd like to think that Ford is and are addressing those issues so that a much newer FFE is even less likely to have a problem than an older one (you know the old "never buy the first model year" advice). Of course I'd also like to think that since my FFE is only two weeks old and I have 300+ trouble free and very happy miles on it. I haven't hesitated to take my family around in it--and everyone else that I can talk into going for a ride (everyone that has has been very impressed with it).

Hello,
I am in orange county, ca.
I want to lease a ford focus EV.
I am being quoted the standard $289 rate pkus tax,as shown on fords website for a 3 yr lease for msrp of $39990.
However, it seems to me that many members here have done better than that.
Is there a specific dealer who is giving a better deal?
I am aiming for $250 incl tax and $1000 down.
Can I get that.
Thanks

bchawla said:
To JJFocus,
May I ask where you got the car from?
I am in the market too.
Thanks
JJFocus said:
Just got my FFE! Thanks to everyone on this forum!
Lease details:
Southern CA area.
Oxford White with leather. The MSRP was $40,990.
36months/10,500 miles/year
$2500 down
$182/month plus tax it comes to $197/month

Seemed good to me, please let me know how it compares to others.

This was from Mossy Ford in San Diego. Salesman was Jack, nice and easy to work with.

Back