Only took 5 weeks to get my EV rebate check from CA

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Took delivery of my FFE on 1/19, mailed in my CA rebate application on 1/26, received check on 3/2. Your government at work! :D

Hoping my federal tax credit works out just and smoothly at tax time (next year).

Same here. My California car pool lane stickers took eight weeks. I am still waiting for my LADWP charger rebate. It has been a month and they just sent an email saying it will take 4-6 more weeks.

Awesome. I bought my car 3 days ago and thought the rebate was included in the $10750 Ford rebate. I applied online and received an email just now that the application has been accepted. Just need to send out the paperwork!

So 8 weeks for the carpool stickers (+2 weeks for the plates and registration). Doh!

brad said:
Awesome. I bought my car 3 days ago and thought the rebate was included in the $10750 Ford rebate.
Sounds like you leased your FFE if you received a $10,750 discount. That amount is exactly Ford's current incentive on an FFE lease. Did you purchase your FFE, or just lease it?

Ford doesn't offer anything like that kind of incentive on a straight-up purchase. I was able to take advantage of a $2,000 incentive for "financing" ($0 down, 0%) with Ford. But, I did purchase my FFE, meaning I can also collect both the $2,500 state rebate (CA) and $7,500 federal tax incentives. Overall, $12K of my FFE will end up being "free". :D In the next 3-5 years, I expect to save at least $8K that I otherwise would have spent on gas... so I look at my FFE as a $20K car. Pretty cheap.

In either case, even as a lessee, you can still collect the $2,500 rebate from CA. You just can't claim the $7,500 tax credit. But you did kind of already receive it as part of lease discount... some of the $10,750 was from Ford, some was Ford just passing the $7,500 tax credit they received (as owner of the vehicle) on to you.

Just got mine today! Woohoo! Only took 5 weeks.

So Rob (FUEXXON)... whaddaya think.... 28 shares of XOM or 180 shares of F? ;)

Back