Anyone have problems with Fed tax credit?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hplbiking

We tried to do our taxes last night and when we finished it would not accept the 2010+ selection of an electric car. It said we needed to selected "before 2010" This is strange as we have a 2013. Anyone else have problems, or if seccessfull, what program did you use?

You might be using the wrong form. There's a lot of tax discussion over on the Nissan Leaf forum. You may want to check over there. If you find the answer, please follow up!

I had the same problem using Turbo Tax - kept telling me the model year had to be 2010. I deleted the information about the car and re-entered it and it worked fine.

I leased a 2013 FFE in February. I've heard lots of comments about the federal tax credit. Can someone confirm that I should be able to apply for the full tax credit next year, even though I'm leasing? Does it reduce the amount of your taxable income or actually reduce the taxes due on your income. I won't have a problem claiming the full amount, if I'm able to.

Back