best lease good till 1/31/13

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cccolemanjr

Lease i noticed at manhattan ford but i can't them to reply to e-mail ST# FC12726 VIN#1FAHP3R40CL384313 M.S.R.P. $40,990 24 MONTH $139.00 PER MONTH $995 DOWN, RESIDUAL $21,314.80
sounds a lot better deal than buying.

cccolemanjr said:
Lease i noticed at manhattan ford but i can't them to reply to e-mail ST# FC12726 VIN#1FAHP3R40CL384313 M.S.R.P. $40,990 24 MONTH $139.00 PER MONTH $995 DOWN, RESIDUAL $21,314.80
sounds a lot better deal than buying.

Wow, sounds like an awesome deal!

Just saw in paper today Sunnyvale Ford has 2013 for $119 a month (before taxes) on lease with $4K down, (In CA with $2,500 state rebate that works out to $1.5K down). This does come with the * of only 1 available at this price but at least can use as a tool with other dealers. Hope this helps, enjoy.

Cheers,
ART

Just joined this forum.
is the $10750 ford discount on the lease in addition to the $7500 from the federal rebate? I believe not all the dealer are aware of that as I got my local one mentioning that 10750 was including the federal tax credit.

pepscae said:
Just joined this forum.
is the $10750 ford discount on the lease in addition to the $7500 from the federal rebate? I believe not all the dealer are aware of that as I got my local one mentioning that 10750 was including the federal tax credit.
They are separate. The $10750 from Ford goes to the purchaser (i.e. the lease company). The $7500 federal tax credit goes to the purchaser (i.e. the lease company). After you negotiate your best price, both get applied as a CCR (capital cost reduction) to get your final lease numbers.

The dealers are aware. Just trying to keep more for themselves and or the lease company if the buyer doesn't know any better.

Everything I have read suggests that the 10750 includes the 7500... and it's only available to lessees. Is there further documentation of this?

Parzival said:
Everything I have read suggests that the 10750 includes the 7500... and it's only available to lessees. Is there further documentation of this?

I believe you are correct. At least that is how it was explained on my lease.

either that or they ripped me off.

Ford can't include the federal tax credit in their dealer cash lease incentive, as they are not the purchaser of the vehicle (remember only a purchaser can claim the credit). Everytime I fire up a lease calculator, there is no way to get into a 0 down/200'ish mnth lease in either a Leaf or Focus without a $17K-18K CCR. If there is, please show the math.

If anyone has done this and I could see some paperwork (with personal stuff redacted), that would be an excellent bargaining tool.

I think if I ask my dealer about it, they'll laugh me out of there.

I don't see why Ford can't call it an incentive. That's what it is. It's tied to their lease company, not Ford themselves.

If I could get that much off the price of an FFE, I'd lease one tomorrow.

amazing deal here is the link to the manhattan ford ffe special:

http://www.manhattanford.com/specials/new.htm

klusters said:
amazing deal here is the link to the manhattan ford ffe special:

http://www.manhattanford.com/specials/new.htm
Perfect example, illustrates ford to dealer incentive ($12250) and federal tax credit ($7500) are separate and both fully applicable. Personally I would be worried about a 2012, for fear the dealer has not properly maintained the battery while sitting on lot (then again its only a two year lease, with the whole thing under warranty :ugeek: ).

Why only one at that price?

I've asked my local dealer to look into it for me. I know they want to move those cars. For what it's worth, his impression is that he can't "double-dip the system" that way.

Parzival said:
Why only one at that price?

I've asked my local dealer to look into it for me. I know they want to move those cars. For what it's worth, his impression is that he can't "double-dip the system" that way.
I'd suggest a trip over to http://www.carbuyingtips.com, www,fightingchance.com, or the like to learn about dealers. They do not have the customers best interest in mind when they give "impressions".

On a lease the Federal tax credit goes to the leasing company (Ford), not the buyer. The State incentive can go to the buyer, depending on the State.

Edmunds.com has a decent write-up on this:

http://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html

Says this about the federal tax credit:
"If a vehicle is being leased, the credit stays with the leasing company, which is the actual owner of the car or truck. In most cases, however, the tax credit has been factored into the cost of the lease, so the customer still benefits. Lease programs for the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf, for instance, include the $7,500 as a credit toward the down payment."

I just applied for the $2500 California rebate since the instructions on the application clearly state that the lessee is eligible.

Back