Paint chipping/bumper ripples

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashuri

i posted on here about 2 weeks ago about my purchase...today as i was charging i found that the paint is chipping near the hood(right quarter panel) and there are ripples on the rear bumper :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: ...taking the car to the dealer tomorrow!!

will keep you all posted

Took vehicle to dealer long story short the repair person also found other "defects" in the cars fit and finish including front windshield molding.

I am asking for replacement or repurchase of the car at this point....very disappointed..maybe as they say if it seems too good of a deal somethings wrong!

Anyone have any suggestions...contacted customer service and dealer they are not being helpful up to this point other than repairing the car.

Sorry you are having problems. The Focus is of course based on the global Focus ICE platform and built on the same line. The point of that being there's power in numbers where manufacturing is concerned...or should be. If you have a couple or three cosmetic issues, I would say that it is unfortunate, but not outside the realm of working with the dealer and having it properly repaired. With ALL makes of cars, the stuff that takes place pre-delivery from the time a car reaches the port (or railyard) and your taking delivery, may surprise you...bumpers scraped coming off transport, dents/dings, other flaws. It's a complex supply chain/manufacturing/logistics challenge. I would ask them to kindly work with you on the inconvenience aspect given that these were items that should've been caught in the QC process along the way. There are lemon laws that apply to a certain number of defects within a certain timeframe, but I don't think they apply to cosmetic issues. How is that these items missed your own delivery inspection? They can't be that overt? Good luck finding resolution and satisfaction. How is the car treating you otherwise?

Hi Greg

No doubt, bumps and scratches do occur, this is more akin to ordering a steak well and getting rare. I took it into the dealer for them to fix it and the repair person themselves found other "defects"(their word not mine).

So I don't feel that I should have to compromise with a vehicle over 35K which I have had for less than 3 weeks....
That's my take on it

The dealer is swapping out my car for another FFE today!!!

The small guy wins!! :)

Back