Dealers That Actually Have / Know About the Focus EV

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricEV

I am starting to read the horror stories about people trying to find out what Ford dealerships can actually get you a Focus electric car. It seems the list Ford put out in no way currently reflects the real dealership availability. I was thinking it would be nice to compile a list / directory here on the ford focus electric forum that actually highlighted what Ford dealerships have been able to deliver the focus ev. So far I have heard that the Ford dealerships in Santa Monica, Simi Valley & Thousand Oaks have no clue about the focus ev. I found mentioned that a Rochester NY dealership has sold and ordered a few focus ev's but they have yet to be delivered and have been sitting at the factory in Michigan since early April "waiting for a fix". The dealer certification process is supposedly a long, expensive and complex process thus making the barrier to entry even greater. Now Ford is indicating the focus ev dealers are coming out in "phases". This is starting to get confusing? Does anyone on focus electric forum have legitimate leads on where to buy the car?

@ElectricEV:

My approach was to use this map (derived from the latest data on the Ford site)...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211638138040322203577.0004bf9de3d4e7e9b6b3a&msa=0

... and call the closest dealers until I found one that had already placed an order for the FFE in the color (frosted glass) and style (leather) that I wanted. The result? I've made a down-payment and have gotten a VIN number from South Bay Ford Lincoln Mercury in Hawthorne, CA.

(Note: the map only covers CA. Drop me a note if you NY and NJ included.)

- ff

@ff: Sounds exactly the same as my experience, only on the Canadian side of things. I searched for a qualified dealer, colour (Frosted Glass.) and leather seats. Found one on order with VIN already assigned, should be delivered the first week of June. (Maybe.) No one had placed a deposit yet on it, so I jumped on the opportunity.
Robin Sipe.

Do you think this would work in Washington state even though it's not one of the first few areas for the Ford Focus Electric?
Or is BC in that area?

klaus said:
Do you think this would work in Washington state even though it's not one of the first few areas for the Ford Focus Electric?
Or is BC in that area?
Hi - if you look at the post in
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42&start=20
j79guy (Robin Sipe) indicates that there are cars available from an authorized dealer in Vancouver, BC who even has VIN numbers. I don't know the details of purchasing a car in Canada for export to the US, but that might be a valid approach.

- ff

Ford remains competitive in the electric-powered vehicle market, as well as offering consumers an impressive, competitive and popular array of internal combustion cars and trucks.

Tom says he has some:
My name is Thomas Cinelli from Hassett Ford Wantagh New York.
We are the dealership that sold and delivered Whit Gallman his 2012 Ford Electric
Focus this past Saturday (5/26).The good news is that I have four more 2012 Electric
Focus coming in to the dealership the first part of June. I have dealer invoices
in my hand and ready to sell. The colors I have are Ingot Silver, Tuxedo Black,
White Platinum and Oxford White all with Light Stone Leather seats. Please call me
at 516-809-4401 or e-mail me at [email protected] to get the deal started.
Thank You

I just picked up my new FFE Saturday, June 16 at All American Ford. They also have a white one and a light green one.
Call Arie Davis at 1-201-487-6700 ext 283. He was wonderful to work with and very helpful.
These 2 cars are still available!

Hello all,

John Marzy here from Santa Monica Ford.

Not sure about the first post, however we have sold 4 so far.

We currently have 2 in Tuxedo Black, 1 White and 1 Silver in transit. All with medium Light Stone Interiors (Leather can be easily added)

We also have a demo model available for test drives.

Please feel free to call or ask any questions on this post. If I don't know the answer, I know where to go to get it :)

Best Regards,
John Marzy
Subaru of Santa Monica
Santa Monica Ford
310 451 1588 x294
www.smford.com
www.subarusantamonica.com

Hello there.. finding a good car dealer may not be that hard these days..you don't have to worry of how much time it will take to look for a good car dealership. Just check out this site, discuss your car preference,go on with your busy life and they will take care of the rest of the job... ;)

Back