ElectricEV

Dealers That Actually Have / Know About the Focus EV

Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 am

I am starting to read the horror stories about people trying to find out what Ford dealerships can actually get you a Focus electric car. It seems the list Ford put out in no way currently reflects the real dealership availability. I was thinking it would be nice to compile a list / directory here on the ford focus electric forum that actually highlighted what Ford dealerships have been able to deliver the focus ev. So far I have heard that the Ford dealerships in Santa Monica, Simi Valley & Thousand Oaks have no clue about the focus ev. I found mentioned that a Rochester NY dealership has sold and ordered a few focus ev's but they have yet to be delivered and have been sitting at the factory in Michigan since early April "waiting for a fix". The dealer certification process is supposedly a long, expensive and complex process thus making the barrier to entry even greater. Now Ford is indicating the focus ev dealers are coming out in "phases". This is starting to get confusing? Does anyone on focus electric forum have legitimate leads on where to buy the car?

fearless_fool

Re: Dealers That Actually Have / Know About the Focus EV

Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 am

@ElectricEV:

My approach was to use this map (derived from the latest data on the Ford site)...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211 ... 6b3a&msa=0

... and call the closest dealers until I found one that had already placed an order for the FFE in the color (frosted glass) and style (leather) that I wanted. The result? I've made a down-payment and have gotten a VIN number from South Bay Ford Lincoln Mercury in Hawthorne, CA.

(Note: the map only covers CA. Drop me a note if you NY and NJ included.)

- ff

j79guy

Tue May 22, 2012 6:14 pm

@ff: Sounds exactly the same as my experience, only on the Canadian side of things. I searched for a qualified dealer, colour (Frosted Glass.) and leather seats. Found one on order with VIN already assigned, should be delivered the first week of June. (Maybe.) No one had placed a deposit yet on it, so I jumped on the opportunity.
Robin Sipe.

klaus

Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Do you think this would work in Washington state even though it's not one of the first few areas for the Ford Focus Electric?
Or is BC in that area?

whitgallman

Thu May 24, 2012 3:29 am

Mine is on order through Hassett Ford 3530 Sunrise Highway
Long Island, NY
Talk to
Thomas Cinelli
Internet Sales Director
Hassett Ford Lincoln Subaru
Phone:516-809-4401;
cell phone 516-474-5808
e-mail:tcinelli@hassettautomotive.com

fearless_fool

Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 am

klaus wrote:Do you think this would work in Washington state even though it's not one of the first few areas for the Ford Focus Electric?
Or is BC in that area?
Hi - if you look at the post in
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/vi ... 2&start=20
j79guy (Robin Sipe) indicates that there are cars available from an authorized dealer in Vancouver, BC who even has VIN numbers. I don't know the details of purchasing a car in Canada for export to the US, but that might be a valid approach.

- ff

liezetB

Thu May 31, 2012 1:29 am

Ford remains competitive in the electric-powered vehicle market, as well as offering consumers an impressive, competitive and popular array of internal combustion cars and trucks.

whitgallman

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 am

Tom says he has some:
My name is Thomas Cinelli from Hassett Ford Wantagh New York.
We are the dealership that sold and delivered Whit Gallman his 2012 Ford Electric
Focus this past Saturday (5/26).The good news is that I have four more 2012 Electric
Focus coming in to the dealership the first part of June. I have dealer invoices
in my hand and ready to sell. The colors I have are Ingot Silver, Tuxedo Black,
White Platinum and Oxford White all with Light Stone Leather seats. Please call me
at 516-809-4401 or e-mail me at tcinelli.hassett@gs.reyrey.com to get the deal started.
Thank You

marta

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:14 am

Here is the Ford website:
http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/results/

You can search for dealerships with the Ford Focus Electric by selecting 'electric' from the dealer specialty list.

b826

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:10 am

I just picked up my new FFE Saturday, June 16 at All American Ford. They also have a white one and a light green one.
Call Arie Davis at 1-201-487-6700 ext 283. He was wonderful to work with and very helpful.
These 2 cars are still available!

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”