Wanting to Lease a new '17 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruxf22

Need some help please! The new 2017 FFE my local dealer said they can get shipped in is from NJ, but original invoice date is late April of 2017 (so about 11 months ago). The NJ dealer said that they routinely turn the car on and move it around the lot so tires don't get soft spots. But, that said, it's been outside most of the time. Not too terribly hot in NJ, but if they are turning the car on every so often, the the battery management system should be running as well, correct? Any thoughts on if there could be significant battery degradation? I'm interested in leasing this one, not purchasing. Thanks!

Battery degradation? You mean the 12V battery? Yeah you might have to worry about that, maybe if it went flat a couple of times. Unless they let the main battery discharge to nothing and left it there for a long time, you have nothing to worry about.

You have nothing to worry about doubly, you're leasing. You won't see battery degradation that is significant in 3 years of driving. And if it degrades (which it won't), there is always the warranty.

If the pricing is right, lease it happily.

Thanks for the info! It’s the high voltage battery I’d be worried about. I was told that I should expect some battery degradation if the car sat too long at the dealer without being plugged in since the cooling system wouldn’t be on.

cruxf22 said:
Need some help please! The new 2017 FFE my local dealer said they can get shipped in is from NJ, but original invoice date is late April of 2017 (so about 11 months ago). The NJ dealer said that they routinely turn the car on and move it around the lot so tires don't get soft spots. But, that said, it's been outside most of the time. Not too terribly hot in NJ, but if they are turning the car on every so often, the the battery management system should be running as well, correct? Any thoughts on if there could be significant battery degradation? I'm interested in leasing this one, not purchasing. Thanks!

What price and such are you being quoted?

Remember, never put any money down (toward cap cost reduction) on a lease.

P.S. Since it's a '17, they should be anxious to move it off the lot.

EVA pretty much covered it. I'll add that the car would have to heat soak well into triple digits for there to be any hint of heat related battery degradation. Even if it had heat soaked in the southwest all last summer I still wouldn't hesitate to lease it. Any degradation would be minimal and not your problem down the road.

Definitely do this, battery degradation isn't going to be bad UNLESS they left it plugged in and charging for months and months (which I doubt). I leased the last 2017 FFE off a dealers lot back in Feb and got a pretty good deal - I'm sure you can get the price down really low now that its mid-March!

Also pay attention to the residual value at the end of the lease - if you get the sale price down + Ford rebates + low residual %, you could have a combo of low monthly payments AND the option to buy the FFE at the end of the lease for <$8000, which is probably less than what you could resell it for!

PM me if you want more details on the lease I got so you can match / do better :)

Thanks for the tips! I decided to go for it, and I just picked up that new '17 FFE last week! Got it shipped here to IN from NJ. Super pleased so far. If there is any degradation, I haven't noticed any this week...guess-o-meter reads between 120-130mi on a full charge with mostly city driving, although it changes wildly as I go uphill to work and back downhill to back home.

Hi from NJ.
Looking to buy new 2017 ffe. Would you mind telling your lease terms. Dealer wants finance @ $27080 inc color + power seat upgrade for 2017. I'm thinking that's still on the high side. Opting to buy with my trade in.

Thx

Jovester said:
Hi from NJ.
Looking to buy new 2017 ffe. Would you mind telling your lease terms. Dealer wants finance @ $27080 inc color + power seat upgrade for 2017. I'm thinking that's still on the high side. Opting to buy with my trade in.

Thx

Yes, that sounds way too high.

What rebates/incentives are they showing at this time? To my knowledge, I think I still hold the record for cheapest new FFE purchase (before federal and state incentives). Please feel free to run the numbers by us before you sign on the dotted line.

Back