Help needed for buying ffe 2012

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbeAbba

hey folks
So theres a ffe tha has been imported to Jordan (middle east) and im intrested buying the car but as I looked into autocheck report, I found out it was a manufacturer vehicle and total owners are two.. however I figured the first owner was the ford employee (since its manufacturer vehicle) and th 2nd is the dealer who has been putting it up for auction (strangely never been sold as I understood from report history)
I need some experts help please on whether to buy it or not as per the below link of autochek report
The report indicated duplicate title but has low mileage(too good for 2012) .. so im not sure as I have som doubts and not sure of my understanding of the report, thus I need an urgent expert assitance who can understand this report to determine if its worth buying or not pleasssseee
Thanks in advance

http://carfaxjo.com/report/show/OkubUjFizzXs094FhTwaIw8nM2EKczNAIAMs1JgcyTIFvsLCa256

I'm not an expert, but I will try and help.

Don't let the mileage worry you. We bought a 2013 FFE less than a year ago that had very low miles - under 800.

However, the Autocheck on ours showed that Ford owned, it went to auction, our dealer bought it from the auction, and we bought it from the dealer. Very simple.

Your Autocheck looks like the dealer put 5,000 miles on it, maybe as a demonstrator vehicle, I don't know. The next owner in Kansas put 4,500 miles on it in a year and a half, and the last owner in Texas put 3,700 miles on it in three months. That your car has been to auction many times in multiple states is very strange. I wonder why nobody bought it.

What worries me most is the lien. Carfax says "A loan/lien is the legal right to take and hold or sell the vehicle of a debtor as security or payment for a debt. Normally, a vehicle will have a lien due to a loan or unpaid repair bill against the vehicle. Check with the seller to ensure that the lien has been satisfied." If there is an open lien against the car the leinholder could legally take it from you, or at least cause you a lot of trouble.

Do you have a nearby Ford dealer in Jordan with mechanics trained to fix an all-electric Focus? It takes special training to work on these unique cars.

Good luck!

I talked this over with my wife, who drives our FFE. She said maybe the prior owners found out they didn't like an electric car so sold it, and maybe it went to auction without being sold so many times because the price was too high or there was no demand for an electric car in that area. She does agree with me that the lien is a concern.

Have you actually looked at the car and driven it?

It looks like a title was issued in Pearland TX and there was a lien on the title. It then appears that another title was issued shortly after with no lien. Sometimes you get a car with a lien on the title and it takes time to get the lien release letter from the bank so you have to apply for a new title with the letter so you have one with no lien.

It could also be that one or both purchasers in KS and TX could have defaulted on the loan and the car was repossessed/sold at auction. I agree that it is strange that the two owners seem to have only kept it a brief period of time. Maybe it's a lemon car with issues and the two people that owned it for so short of a time wanted to unload it because of problems? Personally I'd be leery of buying the car. It's probably ok but the brief ownership and vehicle going to auction each time don't look good.

Back