Just bought a Certified 2017 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

Original MSRP was about $31,300 based on the original sticker.

The warranty start date was 09-28-16 (I didn't even know 2017 models were in production then).

The car has 7,009 miles on it.

I paid $17,900 for the car.

Since the car is Certified I got 1.9% financing for 66 months.

The Certification also adds 12months/12,000 miles to the bumper to bumper and runs the powertrain warranty up to 7 years and 100,000 miles.

I think I got a good deal. I don't have to wait for tax time to get my tax credit back and I can keep the car as long as I want without worrying about a lease expiring.

There are a bunch of used 2017 models coming out of Michigan right now. My dealer told me that the 2017 models are coming out of demonstration fleets but I don't really understand why the fleets only kept the FFEs a few months and then got rid of them. I was surprised to see so many low mileage 2017 so soon on the market.

The dealer didn't want my 2013 FFE for a trade. That's fine, I should be able to get a better price selling it on my own and I really didn't want to trailer my old FFE to Michigan. Anybody want to buy a 2013 with 49k miles that's in really good shape?

Texas FFE, did you see that the Texas Legislature passed the $2,500 electric vehicle rebate for next year ? I am trying to figure out a way where I could buy a new 2017 FFE next January and get this rebate too. I doubt that there would be any dealers in Texas who would want anything to do with electric, maybe that's why the gov't reinstated the rebate, since I don't ever see any electrics available new in TX, maybe some BMWs. Perhaps some leaves in Austin. Looks like you went to Michigan to get yours.

I saw some new 2017s for sale in Maryland, but I doubt that any dealer would be able to transfer a car from out of state, dunno how a Texas rebate could be applied.

Richard

merkurmaniac said:
Texas FFE, did you see that the Texas Legislature passed the $2,500 electric vehicle rebate for next year ? I am trying to figure out a way where I could buy a new 2017 FFE next January and get this rebate too.

I believe the 2017 is actually available in all fifty states but you have to order it in states like Texas. If you order from a Texas dealer you should be able to get the rebate. If you order it will probably take about twelve weeks to get the car.

There are disadvantages to waiting for the rebate and ordering a car. You won't be able to haggle over the price if you order. Even with the rebate you might be able to get a 2017 for less if you find an overstocked dealer out of state.

I went out of state for my 2017 because I didn't see a lot of value in waiting. You should be able to ship a FFE from anywhere in the lower 48 for under $1k. 2017 inventory around the country is building so we should start to see 2017s soon if you really want to buy off the dealer lots in Texas.

merkurmaniac said:
I doubt that there would be any dealers in Texas who would want anything to do with electric, maybe that's why the gov't reinstated the rebate, since I don't ever see any electrics available new in TX

I don't think that's the case. There were a lot of 2016 models for sale in Texas last year and they are all gone. I think a lot of dealers would like to offer the 2017 but production is limited and all the 2017s appear to be going to compliance states right now.

The same thing happened with the earlier model FFEs. Production of FFEs started in 2012 but it was 2014 before FFEs made it to dealer lots in Texas. Sales of the 2017 are already strong compared to earlier models and with the higher prices EVs, like the Bolt and the Model 3, doing so well we should see continued growth in sales of the high value FFE.

Texas FFE said:
merkurmaniac said:
Texas FFE, did you see that the Texas Legislature passed the $2,500 electric vehicle rebate for next year ? I am trying to figure out a way where I could buy a new 2017 FFE next January and get this rebate too.

You won't be able to haggle over the price if you order.

I ordered my 2015, and I was able to get it for way under invoice.

Texas FFE said:
The dealer didn't want my 2013 FFE for a trade. That's fine, I should be able to get a better price selling it on my own and I really didn't want to trailer my old FFE to Michigan. Anybody want to buy a 2013 with 49k miles that's in really good shape?
How much are you planning to sell it for?

Elektra said:
Texas FFE said:

I'm thinking of starting at around $10k and come down as need to sell. That price is still about the lowest right now on AutoTrader. It looks like the recent increased popularity of and interest in EVs has caused the price of older EVs to final stabilize.

Texas FFE said:
Elektra said:
Texas FFE said:

I'm thinking of starting at around $10k and come down as need to sell. That price is still about the lowest right now on AutoTrader. It looks like the recent increased popularity of and interest in EVs has caused the price of older EVs to final stabilize.
I have also noticed the value of my used 2013 FFE has been increasing.

Darn I undersold my '16FFE with 20k miles at 10k then! ...was not getting any interest on this Forum for a few months but eventually it happened and we are both happy (local guy)

Probably other regions of the country are easier ...not easy here as I have yet to see another FFE in 3 years of ownership

On the other hand I see tons of Teslas.

Elektra said:
Texas FFE said:

My 2013 FFE is currently listed on AutoTrader.com. I originally listed the car at $9,300 but I've currently brought the price down to $8,400. The only real prospective buyer so far pulled out because he said he was worried about the high voltage battery packs failing after the 8 year/100,000 mile warranty expired and having to pay $20k to replace the battery packs.

Personally, I think if whoever buys the car and puts 50,000 miles on it in three years could then junk the car and still be ahead. I also think that these battery packs are going to last much, much longer than 8 years. And when they do fail there will be plenty of low cost replacement battery packs around that will probably have a much larger capacity.

I finally sold my 2013 FFE. I took a cash offer of $7,600. I only paid $15,000 for it to begin with and I put 30,000 miles on it so I don’t think I did so bad.

There was a structural damage item on the CarFax report when I bought the car. I had the the car checked out when I bought the car and we found nothing that would justify the structural damage item. After three years of owning the car I never did find out why the CarFax report indicated structural damage on the car.

I was doing reverse auction on the car to make it sell. I didn’t owe much on the car and I felt like I already got my money’s worth out of it so I didn’t mind taking a low price. The price had gotten so low that dealers were starting to call me. I had two dealers give me an offer and then back out when they saw the structural damage item on the CarFax report.

I had one dealer specifically tell me he wanted to ship the car to Jordan. The person that bought the car said he was buying the car for a friend in Michigan and paid cash after only a quick glance at the car. I have a feeling the “friend” was actually a dealer and the car will end up going overseas.

I still have the car linked to MyFord Mobile and I’m tracking it’s location. The car has sat in an alley in Dallas since I sold it. I will post where the car ends up or where I lose track of it.

The 2013 was my first all electric car. The car had limitations but I still enjoyed it immensely and I’m sorry to see it go. I only hope the next person that owns the car enjoys it as much as I did.

Yep, it looks like my old 2013 FFE is going overseas. Right now the car is sitting on a dock near Galveston according to MyFord Mobile. I expect the car to disappear soon and then show up in the Middle East or just flat disappear.

Texas FFE said:
Yep, it looks like my old 2013 FFE is going overseas. Right now the car is sitting on a dock near Galveston according to MyFord Mobile. I expect the car to disappear soon and then show up in the Middle East or just flat disappear.

I received a message from MyFord Mobile this saying the 12V battery on my old 2013 FFE after not hearing anything from the car for weeks. I figured if the car was communicating with MyFord Mobile I should be able to track. Sure enough, MyFord Mobile indicates that my old is now off the boat and located in Aqaba, Jordan.

Goodbye nice little FFE :cry:

From the people from Jordan that have posted here - they seem to really love the car. So I'm sure it has gone to a great new home.

That's pretty darn cool seeing it get on a boat. Wonder if you will ever hear from it again once it sets sail.

EVA said:
From the people from Jordan that have posted here - they seem to really love the car. So I'm sure it has gone to a great new home.

That's pretty darn cool seeing it get on a boat. Wonder if you will ever hear from it again once it sets sail.

I think he said that MFM has the car located in Jordan now, off the boat. Pretty cool.

Back