What was your 'build' time?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcham93

Evening, all!

Quick question. If you had to wait for your FFE to be built - how long was that wait time? I've been quoted around three months, but I'm curious to see what time everyone actually waited for their EV.

Thanks!

I'm in Vancouver and put my order in on March 8, I was quoted just over 3 months as the shipping time is longer. I've gotten a build time frame for the week of May 8th, and a landed date of June 12th, so that 3 month time frame seems to be right.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the build dates of the 2017 FFEs seem to be within the first week of each month, so it seems like they only have production for 2-3 days at the start of each month. So depending on when you order, if you catch the tail end of a production run or have to wait for the next one, that might play into the time frame as well.

- Jas

Back in 2013 ordered mine in middle of Feb and received it at the end of May and there was no "shipping time" as my dealer is/was right across the street from the plant.

chargedup said:
I'm in Vancouver and put my order in on March 8, I was quoted just over 3 months as the shipping time is longer. I've gotten a build time frame for the week of May 8th, and a landed date of June 12th, so that 3 month time frame seems to be right.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the build dates of the 2017 FFEs seem to be within the first week of each month, so it seems like they only have production for 2-3 days at the start of each month. So depending on when you order, if you catch the tail end of a production run or have to wait for the next one, that might play into the time frame as well.

- Jas

Hi Jas, how did you get your build time? From the dealer or using Ford's tracking website with vin number? Thanks.

elec2017 said:
Hi Jas, how did you get your build time? From the dealer or using Ford's tracking website with vin number? Thanks.
From what I understand the Ford VIN tracking doesn't work for cars going to Canada, only the US and only after the car is built. For me, the dealer sent me a picture of their ordering system where they get a build week and a week timeframe for delivery as well.

elec2017 said:
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I placed my order on March 10th and I have no dates for build or delivery.

The only thing I have is my order number from the dealer (no VIN yet) and it's not showing up in COTUS.

The closest I have to an estimate is the dealer said "it could take 4 months or so".

EDIT: Whoops, I see Jas has already replied. Another question for you: when did you get your build/delivery estimates? My dealer had nothing up to last week.

Sicarius said:
elec2017 said:
I'd be interested in knowing as well. I placed my order on March 10th and I have no dates for build or delivery.

The only thing I have is my order number from the dealer (no VIN yet) and it's not showing up in COTUS.

The closest I have to an estimate is the dealer said "it could take 4 months or so".

EDIT: Whoops, I see Jas has already replied. Another question for you: when did you get your build/delivery estimates? My dealer had nothing up to last week.

I just took a look and I found out on March 22. I got a screenshot of it and it looks like it's from the same system the dealer used to give me the VIN.

I ordered in July 2014
Car built August 2014
Car delivered November 2014. (There was an issue that delayed delivery. Ford wouldn't say what the problem was but I'm fairly certain the battery failed some QC check.)

I'm in Vancouver Canada, and ordered a FFE March 9. My dealer checked with Ford today, saying the car was set for assembly "last week of April", with a hopeful delivery mid-May. That would seem very fast, as it looks like others are waiting 3 months.

Jeff-FFE said:
I'm in Vancouver Canada, and ordered a FFE March 9. My dealer checked with Ford today, saying the car was set for assembly "last week of April", with a hopeful delivery mid-May. That would seem very fast, as it looks like others are waiting 3 months.

If you ordered in early March, that's probably the right waiting time. I feel like the orders really went up at the end of March. Now when people order they are told 5 months waiting time.

How long did it take for most of your orders to show up in Ford's tracking system?

I'm used to being able to track a vehicle's build almost right away, but it has already been three weeks and still nothing is showing.

Jeff-FFE said:

Did you receive your vehicle? When did the vehicle arrive?

chargedup said:

- Jas

Just took delivery of it today, dealer had it on June 1, so just under 3 months for me!

I work for a Ford dealer in Texas. There are no electric Focuses in Texas. After thinking about this purchase for about three years I decided to order mine March 15th. It took eleven weeks for Ford to assign my vehicle a VIN and it looks like it will be assembled about the third week of July. That is a little over four months. My birthday is Aug. 1. Hope I'm driving it on my birthday.

Back