An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:20 pm 

Evening, all!

Quick question. If you had to wait for your FFE to be built - how long was that wait time? I've been quoted around three months, but I'm curious to see what time everyone actually waited for their EV.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:34 pm 

I'm in Vancouver and put my order in on March 8, I was quoted just over 3 months as the shipping time is longer. I've gotten a build time frame for the week of May 8th, and a landed date of June 12th, so that 3 month time frame seems to be right.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the build dates of the 2017 FFEs seem to be within the first week of each month, so it seems like they only have production for 2-3 days at the start of each month. So depending on when you order, if you catch the tail end of a production run or have to wait for the next one, that might play into the time frame as well.

- Jas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:09 am 

Back in 2013 ordered mine in middle of Feb and received it at the end of May and there was no "shipping time" as my dealer is/was right across the street from the plant.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:57 am 

chargedup wrote:
I'm in Vancouver and put my order in on March 8, I was quoted just over 3 months as the shipping time is longer. I've gotten a build time frame for the week of May 8th, and a landed date of June 12th, so that 3 month time frame seems to be right.

Another thing I've noticed is that most of the build dates of the 2017 FFEs seem to be within the first week of each month, so it seems like they only have production for 2-3 days at the start of each month. So depending on when you order, if you catch the tail end of a production run or have to wait for the next one, that might play into the time frame as well.

- Jas

Hi Jas, how did you get your build time? From the dealer or using Ford's tracking website with vin number? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:35 am 

elec2017 wrote:
Hi Jas, how did you get your build time? From the dealer or using Ford's tracking website with vin number? Thanks.

If you can get your window sticker your build date is along the top edge.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:03 am 

elec2017 wrote:

From what I understand the Ford VIN tracking doesn't work for cars going to Canada, only the US and only after the car is built. For me, the dealer sent me a picture of their ordering system where they get a build week and a week timeframe for delivery as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 am 

elec2017 wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing as well. I placed my order on March 10th and I have no dates for build or delivery.

The only thing I have is my order number from the dealer (no VIN yet) and it's not showing up in COTUS.

The closest I have to an estimate is the dealer said "it could take 4 months or so".

EDIT: Whoops, I see Jas has already replied. Another question for you: when did you get your build/delivery estimates? My dealer had nothing up to last week.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm 

Sicarius wrote:
elec2017 wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing as well. I placed my order on March 10th and I have no dates for build or delivery.

The only thing I have is my order number from the dealer (no VIN yet) and it's not showing up in COTUS.

The closest I have to an estimate is the dealer said "it could take 4 months or so".

EDIT: Whoops, I see Jas has already replied. Another question for you: when did you get your build/delivery estimates? My dealer had nothing up to last week.

I just took a look and I found out on March 22. I got a screenshot of it and it looks like it's from the same system the dealer used to give me the VIN.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 am 

I order my FFE ruby red on 11 march 2015.
they build my FFE on 1 June 2015 and I receive in in 16 June 2015.

I love that car.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

I ordered in July 2014
Car built August 2014
Car delivered November 2014. (There was an issue that delayed delivery. Ford wouldn't say what the problem was but I'm fairly certain the battery failed some QC check.)