Price for NEW 2015 FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staque

Hi, Folks. Lurker here.

Local dealer still has a NEW 2015 FFE. What would you pay?

For me, since I can get a used Nissan LEAF SV+QC with 30-40kmi for $9500... not much. The 2015 FFE lacks quick charge and heat pump, and also has a smaller battery, which might just be balanced out by the newness. Since it still qualifies for the federal tax credit, I could offer the dealer $17,000. (I offered $24,000 last year and he didn't take it. Boy am I glad! I would have been the sucker.) I would figure by this time the dealer would realize he's not getting MSRP, and get whatever he can for it.

What do you think?

Okay, I guess I have two questions.

One of them is strategy (good point, twscrap!), the other is what do you think a new/old 2015 is "worth?" It will handle my commute and child transportation needs well, but technologically, it's underwhelming at this point. (2011 technology) In fact, I think I might even prefer a used Volt for about $9500. I might even talk myself out of wanting it while I sit here typing...

I'm assuming you are talking about the Performance Blue one at Sunrise? If so, based on the two used ones currently available in the US I'm guessing that you won't get them to go below about $22,500. As that would put your cost on par with the used ones after rebates.

No, I am in Albany, so it's Jack Byrne Ford in Mechanicville. They are listing it for $29,776, which is clearly absurd.

Today you might be able to get them down to $20k. Assuming that the $5500 in incentives that apply to the 2016s also apply to remaining '15s, that should be doable. After the 2017s hit the market, who knows how low they might go.

From your examples, sounds like you have your mind made up. Buy the Volt or the Leaf.

Remember the day you buy the car it is a 2 year old car. Do a KBB price on a 2 year old FFE. I bet you'll find it isn't worth a lot. Even with 100 miles on the clock.

To me the better comparable is a used FFE 2012 or 2013. I wouldn't touch either of the cars you mentioned, even if they were free. Well maybe the Leaf, for free.

Thanks EVA.

There are many opinions about the LEAF and Volt. I currently have a LEAF, and I love it. But like most pure-EV owners, I have a gas car as a backup. A Volt would mean that my "gas car" could also be an EV, which would actually result in more EV miles and less gas used. However, a showroom looking red FFE (for a good price) would change my mind. :)

Edmunds has $15.7K for a 2015 FFE with 100 miles. (KBB has $10K for private party, so probably $13K for dealer retail.) That would be $20,500-$23,200 before the federal tax credit. I guess the ability to go any lower than that depends on how badly the dealer wants to get rid of it. I see it as dead weight and depreciation (from the dealer's perspective) at MSRP. BUT, if it attracts people to the showroom, and they eventually sell the customer a F-150 instead, then they probably don't want to sell it at all.

Back