New from AZ. Potential buyer

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krisverde

Hey guys! im new here. I currently drive a Focus ST and was look at an E focus to become my daily and the ST can sit in my garage all the time LOL

Anyways was looking to see what most people are paying for used ones in this state. I've found a few but feel 10k is a bit too much just my opinion of course!

Currently looking at one with 23k on it and listed at 10k. Perhaps I can haggle them down, it's at a used car dealership so im iffy on that.

There are a couple others at the tempe fiat dealership but they have 30k miles or so.

Also if I do purchase one I may add a level 2 charger to my house.

That seems like a fair price.
Check cars.com or autotrader.com in your area for comparison.
Right now, plug-ins are the hottest used vehicles on the market.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/business/electrics-plug-in-hybrids-hot-on-used-car-market/article_8f70a09d-e1cc-56b1-a7f8-e72a4fb6271c.html

Pearl said:
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/business/electrics-plug-in-hybrids-hot-on-used-car-market/article_8f70a09d-e1cc-56b1-a7f8-e72a4fb6271c.html
Thank you pearl! I will do that.

Krisverde said:
Pearl said:
Thank you pearl! I will do that.

Done. Click this
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?zc=85280&rd=50&yrId=56007&yrId=51683&yrId=47272&yrId=39723&mkId=20015&mdId=42464&fuelTypeId=38745&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=location&sf2Dir=ASC&page=1&perPage=50&sortFeatures=buryUsedLowPrice&sortFeatures=buryNewLowPrice&sortFeatures=buryLowPriceOlderThanSix&sortFeatures=buryNoPrice&searchSource=SORT

I bought a second hand lease turn in from a dealer in Scottsdale and am happy. I did add a level 2 charger because the 120v takes forever. I say go for it, mine had 20k miles on it when I got it, the only thing that I have had to do is change the 12v battery, then I added floor mats and tint. Good luck.

dddonkey said:
I bought a second hand lease turn in from a dealer in Scottsdale and am happy. I did add a level 2 charger because the 120v takes forever. I say go for it, mine had 20k miles on it when I got it, the only thing that I have had to do is change the 12v battery, then I added floor mats and tint. Good luck.
Awesome! Did you get a portable level 2 charger? Or hardwire? I'm thinking I'll get a portable one and either use the plug on my shop or add one somewhere

Krisverde said:
Did you get a portable level 2 charger? Or hardwire? I'm thinking I'll get a portable one and either use the plug on my shop or add one somewhere
You may want to consider a Dual Voltage one for your portable EVSE. It's really more versatile.

I bought a portable one but leave it mounted to the wall (the 40 amp juice box) and take the 120 with me for an emergencies. I only drive 50 miles a day and get home with 45-50% battery every day. The juice box changes it focus in a couple hours where the OEM one takes all day, about 5-8% an hour.

dddonkey said:
I bought a portable one but leave it mounted to the wall (the 40 amp juice box) and take the 120 with me for an emergencies. I only drive 50 miles a day and get home with 45-50% battery every day. The juice box changes it focus in a couple hours where the OEM one takes all day, about 5-8% an hour.
If you only drive 50 miles per day, wouldn't overnight on the OEM unit still leave you fully charged by morning?

Yes it would leave me fully charged during the week, I set the charge value so that it does not come on till low time for me. The level two really comes on handy on the weekends running around and topping the car in-between the kids naps. I have the 50amp plug in my garage, so I might as well use it.

I picked up my '13 with 24K on it for $7500 from a private seller. The 2nd owner bought from a dealer after auction post-lease (in NY), drove it for a year and had to sell due to range. He paid (IIRC) about 12/13K in '15.

Cars like mine were going for 10k from dealers. He attempted to trade it in, and Carmax/dealer wouldn't go above $5500. I'm in the south, where these things are VERY rare. You can't spit without hitting a Leaf though.

Pearl said:
Krisverde said:
Did you get a portable level 2 charger? Or hardwire? I'm thinking I'll get a portable one and either use the plug on my shop or add one somewhere
You may want to consider a Dual Voltage one for your portable EVSE. It's really more versatile.
Good looking out! ill look into that!

Im assuming something like the TurboCord?

ATL-FFE said:
I picked up my '13 with 24K on it for $7500 from a private seller. The 2nd owner bought from a dealer after auction post-lease (in NY), drove it for a year and had to sell due to range. He paid (IIRC) about 12/13K in '15.

Cars like mine were going for 10k from dealers. He attempted to trade it in, and Carmax/dealer wouldn't go above $5500. I'm in the south, where these things are VERY rare. You can't spit without hitting a Leaf though.
7500 is a really good price! I haven't seen much for sale on craigslist though. They don't seem to be a big seller in AZ either. I do see a ton of Leaf's though or are they considered Leaves in the plural form. DOES IT MATTER?? lol

Krisverde said:
I do see a ton of Leaf's though or are they considered Leaves in the plural form.
It is just "Leafs". (Never apostrophe, which is only for possessive.)

The plural of Focus is more fun... it is Focuses, or Foci? :)

$10k seems reasonable considering that the residual was likely $18k or higher. My residual is $18,945.50 for a 2013 FFE with a 10.5k/year lease. It will likely sell at auction for about $10k less than the residual.

Krisverde said:
Im assuming something like the TurboCord?
I've seen these:

http://store.evsolutions.com/turbocord-dual-240v120v-p28.aspx

https://bsa-electronics.myshopify.com/collections/charging-stations/products/16a-3-84kw-portable-charging-station-25-length-evse-d25-16a?variant=20261272385

http://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=25

hybridbear said:
$10k seems reasonable considering that the residual was likely $18k or higher. My residual is $18,945.50 for a 2013 FFE with a 10.5k/year lease. It will likely sell at auction for about $10k less than the residual.
Is there any way to track your FFE after a lease return to find where and when it sells at auction to buy it back at the much lower price?

NightHawk said:
hybridbear said:
Is there any way to track your FFE after a lease return to find where and when it sells at auction to buy it back at the much lower price?
Sometimes if you remember the VIN you can google it and find out if it's made it to auction yet. I was bored one day and searched up the vin on my old fusion. Found it in Texas being sold at an auction. Someone also wrecked it. :(

Krisverde said:
Sometimes if you remember the VIN you can google it and find out if it's made it to auction yet. I was bored one day and searched up the vin on my old fusion. Found it in Texas being sold at an auction. Someone also wrecked it. :(

Interesting - how exactly do you search using the VIN to find a car auction listing it? Do you have any link(s) for that?

Back