Advise for buying a used FFE in Arizona

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_A

Hi, I am thinking about getting my first EV and looking for some advice on what to look out for (battery deterioration etc.) in particular in a hot environment as AZ. Or can somebody share some FFE experience in Arizona?
Are there any significant difference between an FFE 12 and FFE 13 that I should consider?
Thanks in advance.

Pat_A said:
Hi, I am thinking about getting my first EV and looking for some advice on what to look out for (battery deterioration etc.) in particular in a hot environment as AZ. Or can somebody share some FFE experience in Arizona?
Are there any significant difference between an FFE 12 and FFE 13 that I should consider?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, the 2012 has the Homelink Visor, the automatic (rain sensing) windshield wipers, and auto dimming mirror. 2013 and on doesn't.

Keep in mind that brand new ones can be had for around $16,000 (if you qualify for the full $7500 tax credit). So don't pay too much for a used one. Should be under $10k.

Pearl said:
Is is possible to add the rain sensing wiper and auto mirror to 2013 ?

The auto mirror, yes; just buy one from Amazon or eBay and install it yourself. You can do Homelink the same way, or do what I did, which was find a visor from a 2012 Focus on eBay and replaced my visor with the Homelink one.

I am not aware of anybody adding rain sensing wiper to their Focus. But, if it works anything like the rain sensing wiper on my BMW 5-series, I'm glad I don't have it.

campfamily said:
I am not aware of anybody adding rain sensing wiper to their Focus. But, if it works anything like the rain sensing wiper on my BMW 5-series, I'm glad I don't have it.
We had an early Edge (2011) with rain sensing wipers that were terrible (they'd get fooled by bright sunshine all the time).

Hopefully the 2012 version was better.

My new C-Max (and the wife's Escape) both have them, but they are much improved now.

scottt said:
Pat_A said:
Thanks in advance.

Yes, the 2012 has the Homelink Visor, the automatic (rain sensing) windshield wipers, and auto dimming mirror. 2013 and on doesn't.

Keep in mind that brand new ones can be had for around $16,000 (if you qualify for the full $7500 tax credit). So don't pay too much for a used one. Should be under $10k.

How is it $16k?
I'm coming out of the lease on a 2013 FFE that I planned on buying for $12kish with 28k on it.

If I can get a new one for $4k more than I thought point me in that direction as I'd like to. I still Qualify for this $7500 credit this year and have a deposit on a Model 3 as well.

az erik said:
scottt said:
Pat_A said:
Thanks in advance.

How is it $16k?
I'm coming out of the lease on a 2013 FFE that I planned on buying for $12kish with 28k on it.

If I can get a new one for $4k more than I thought point me in that direction as I'd like to. I still Qualify for this $7500 credit this year and have a deposit on a Model 3 as well.
It's based on the $29k MSRP minus the $7500 federal credit & the $2500 California credit, plus a dealer discount.

I guess everyone has missed the fact the OP asked for AZ which doesn't have another $2500-$3500 state incentive.

As it stands IF there is a FFE in AZ (PHX) it's being listed at at least $28 (which is actually $32 minus the financing $3450 off).

$7500 Fed,
$1000 loyalty
So still stuck at $20k

az erik said:
I guess everyone has missed the fact the OP asked for AZ which doesn't have another $2500-$3500 state incentive.

As it stands IF there is a FFE in AZ (PHX) it's being listed at at least $28 (which is actually $32 minus the financing $3450 off).

$7500 Fed,
$1000 loyalty
So still stuck at $20k

WAY too much.

It's actually what I'm starting to look at.

in reality the dealers here have been picking off Cali FFE's in auctions. and almost EVERY one is white. Come on!!! Killing me smalls.

Best I can do on a in state "deal" puts it right about $20k slightly over with tax.
Best I can do dealer used is a $9k FFE "out the door" at $10.500 for a 2012, 30k on it. Lame too.

Talked to Ford Credit about putting an offer on my lease car, they arn't hearing it. $20k residual, they expect $20k. Goood luck.
Headed down to Fiat, they have 3 FEE's... all white :(

I still have 3 months to find another so I'm not worried.

Back