Customer Discount for Lease Buyout?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twscrap

Looks like used Focus Electrics are starting at $8500 on cars.com, which means that Ford Credit is taking a beating on these cars when they go to auction.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?zc=06340&rd=99999&stkTypId=28881&mdId=42464&mkId=20015&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=price&sf2Dir=DESC&page=1&perPage=50&searchSource=SORT

Anyone know if Ford is offering (or will offer) discounts for lease buyouts like the $7000 that Nissan is currently offering on leased Leafs?

I did not receive any buyout offers on my FFE when I turned it in. I didn't ask either, however.

Given the nature of Ford Credit I would not expect any offer...

You'd think they'd do it just to save the trouble of dealing with bringing the car back in and sending it out to auction. They have to know what they've been getting at auction as there are almost 200 of them out there for sale. Could be a win for everybody - clearly Nissan figured that out. I've still got a year to go on my lease, so am not too worried about it now.

While I would consider buying the car if they were to offer the right discount, given that my residual is ~$16500 on 3/1/17, not sure that even if they were to provide a discount that it will be enough.

twscrap said:
Looks like used Focus Electrics are starting at $8500 on cars.com, which means that Ford Credit is taking a beating on these cars when they go to auction.

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?zc=06340&rd=99999&stkTypId=28881&mdId=42464&mkId=20015&sf1Nm=price&sf1Dir=ASC&sf2Nm=price&sf2Dir=DESC&page=1&perPage=50&searchSource=SORT

Anyone know if Ford is offering (or will offer) discounts for lease buyouts like the $7000 that Nissan is currently offering on leased Leafs?

Even at that seemingly low price I don't think it makes sense. Three years from now, those cars will be essentially valueless (six year old EV, battery on its last legs, 200 mile EVs commonplace), so the effective cost would be around 236 a month.

According to the Ford.com site, you can lease a brand new one with zero down for that same amount, not even considering additional dealer markdowns, state incentives (around $65/month in California), etc. And for that you get a brand new car with warranty.

I tried to nego my buy out to about $10k, actual is $20k. Yeah um, new is at lease $2k cheaper. Not gonna happen, they wouldn't budge. Oh well. I'll find another. I just need an electric to get me through till my model 3 comes in.

Back