recent leasing quote 2015 labor day

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasmessi

Hi, I am trying to lease FFE recently with labor day deal.

This is the payment I negotiated.

2000 down + 185/month. everything including tax and fee.

Any comments?

This is from Bay Area. CA.

Hard for me to compare directly, however, I can offer my own lease deal.
White pearl, with leather -- $0 down, $310/month.

Took sticker price, haggled down to the selling price, then threw in the $7500 rebate and calculated the lease from there.
This was Black Friday 2013, so maybe there are details I'm forgetting.

thomasmessi said:

Any comments?

Never EVER put money down on a lease.

scottt said:
Never EVER put money down on a lease.

Can you please explain why is that? I am a newbie in leasing cars. I thought this deal is pretty good since didn't see a lot of offers post in this forum better than this. But no idea about anything bad related to down payment... thanks in advance.

If you drive out of the dealer and get hit by a truck, the insurance company will pay off the lease and you will lose anything you put up.

Always go for a zero driveaway lease, not even a zero down lease. They hand you the keys, you make 35 monthly payments. Period.

michael said:
If you drive out of the dealer and get hit by a truck, the insurance company will pay off the lease and you will lose anything you put up.

Always go for a zero driveaway lease, not even a zero down lease. They hand you the keys, you make 35 monthly payments. Period.

Couldn't have typed it better myself :)

michael said:
Yep thats the best way to lease, thats what I did for my 2014 FFE.
I had the salesman run the numbers for various down payments including true zero down and due to the very low interest, there is very little total difference between them so went with zero down. I didn't pay a penny until a month after getting the car, it felt like a steal! :D

thomasmessi said:

Any comments?

How many miles/yr? Any options, i.e. leather?

Last weekend Sunnyvale Ford had a $99/mo+tax ($107.91), $3500 total drive-off (with tax and fees), 10.5K mi/yr.... That's equivalent to 35 payments at $206/mo for a $0 drive-off lease.

The offer you stated comes out to about $242/mo for 35 months. So depending on the options and the mileage allowance, I'd say you have a good deal, but perhaps not great. It's better than the factory offer, but not the best I've seen in recent times.

In the past, folks here have reported going through Costco to get a great purchase quote, then they worked with the dealer on lease terms based on the quote. You might want to try that; I'm going to try it when my lease is up in several months.

v_traveller said:
thomasmessi said:

Any comments?

How many miles/yr? Any options, i.e. leather?

Last weekend Sunnyvale Ford had a $99/mo+tax ($107.91), $3500 total drive-off (with tax and fees), 10.5K mi/yr.... That's equivalent to 35 payments at $206/mo for a $0 drive-off lease.

The offer you stated comes out to about $242/mo for 35 months. So depending on the options and the mileage allowance, I'd say you have a good deal, but perhaps not great. It's better than the factory offer, but not the best I've seen in recent times.

In the past, folks here have reported going through Costco to get a great purchase quote, then they worked with the dealer on lease terms based on the quote. You might want to try that; I'm going to try it when my lease is up in several months.

Thanks for sharing. Mine is basic 10500miles, with leather and GPS. I saw that ads too. But it looks like does not includes tax for the 3500 down from the ads. Are you sure it's a drive-off down payment? have you talked with guys in store to confirm? Because if that's the case, it's a really great deal... not sure in car business if we can match that deal....

Looking like i might have to go with the VW Golf. Looks like the could do less than $900 drive off and less than $230 a month for 12,000 miles.

Try to avoid the drive-off altogether. Assuming that's a 36 month lease, you should be able to do a zero driveaway for about $30 a month more.

VW has a pretty bad reputation these days, maybe an opportunity...

NightHawk said:
Yep, at least VW for the e-Golf wouldn't have to worry about the emissions testing fiasco like the ICE models...
I dunno about the e-Golf... at this point, can we be sure there's not a diesel engine in there?

The e-Golf was 2nd on my list of electric cars, after the BMW i3. At the time I bought my FFE (3rd on my list), though, the price difference (about $7,000) was just too high to justify.

Back