Not sure there are alternatives to FFE in PA/OH..why so few?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

I was looking at alternatives to my FFE (pure electric/4-door) and was shocked:

Golf, Fiat, Mercedes B series NOT even available in PA.

Basically that leaves me with BMW i3 or LEAF ...BMW is way overpriced and not true 4 door and LEAF is older technology.

That is crazy, Ford should be selling a LOT more cars than is shown in the monthly sales report.

I have seen at least 10 Teslas over the last few months and no FFE besides mine.

Yeah, the FFE is a well kept Ford secret. People don't realize that Ford even sells an EV.

Heck I bet you'd be hard pressed to get some local dealers to admit that they can sell one.

I am now convinced that Ford does not really want to build or sell too many FFEs...maybe they are loosing money on each (probable)

Same day last year I had a choice of 3 FFE at or near my dealer. Today the same salesman tells me everything is on allocation and
he has only seen two delivered in our area. So I do not think it is about the local dealer not be aware FFEs ...he sold 6 last year and can't get any more 2015 this year. He told me to start putting an order and expect a 2016 model!

His view was that Ford is trying to push these into CA or West Coast were these were needed to fill some kind of green mandate!

What a pity! I see tons of Teslas and bmw i3 and have yet to see another FFE (I know of one user nearby).

Yes, I agree. FFE has been a very good car, but when the lease expires next year, I'm not going to get another one just like it. They should have been pushing this hard like GM does.

Back