Looking to lease a FFE in Upstate NY

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICBomber90

New to the forum...

Looking to replace one of our "ICE" cars with a FFE. It will be my wife's DD, her commute is > 50 miles per day and she can charge at work if she needs more range. She was impressed with the FFE and is happy to turn over her '12 VW CC to me to drive to work (80 mile commute). I will use it during the weekends. :mrgreen: I'm a huge Ford fan, and test drove the Fusion Energi but did feel the > 20 mile range as an electric wasn't worth considering.

I see this is a very limited market car, wondering what people are paying? I'm an old car salesman and never liked "Buying" a car on payments, (liked selling them that way :D ).

Thanks in advance,

Pat

Keep in mind come winter you may get as little as 45mi out of a charge and that is even with skimpy usage of the heat. Use truecar.com to get an idea for a price. When I bought mine last year I actually had a good deal worked out West-Herr in Hamburg, NY. It's my experience that going thru the dealers "internet sales" team/dept will get you the best price with less hassle. I ended up getting a slightly better deal putting in a factory order thru a dealer in WI. Havill-Spoerl. I found them on this forum. If you or a family member are a Ford employee or retiree I think you can still get one with the A/Z plan. Don't walk, RUN! from any dealer that expects you to pay sticker for the FFE because they are hard to get.

triangles said:
Don't walk, RUN! from any dealer that expects you to pay sticker for the FFE because they are hard to get.

And don't let them ladle on all kinds of extras like LoJack, and something called "Etching". My dealer tried to add these onto the price that we'd already negotiated previous; I finally asked him whether he was willing to lose the sale over these items, as I wasn't going to pay him anything for them. Finally took them off.

Ditto for extended warranty. They "offered" me a 6 yr / 100K warranty for $3500. Yikes!!!

Keith

Thanks the the head's up about the range drop. RD is not a deal killer- my wife can plug in at work, no worst than an old school diesel. :mrgreen:

ICBomber90 said:
New to the forum...

Looking to replace one of our "ICE" cars with a FFE. It will be my wife's DD, her commute is > 50 miles per day and she can charge at work if she needs more range. She was impressed with the FFE and is happy to turn over her '12 VW CC to me to drive to work (80 mile commute). I will use it during the weekends. :mrgreen: I'm a huge Ford fan, and test drove the Fusion Energi but did feel the > 20 mile range as an electric wasn't worth considering.

I see this is a very limited market car, wondering what people are paying? I'm an old car salesman and never liked "Buying" a car on payments, (liked selling them that way :D ).

Thanks in advance,

Pat
Are there many sitting on lots near you? Any left over 2013s or 2014s? I would negotiate from invoice price before any incentives. Don't pay more than invoice price before incentives. Most dealers are having a hard time selling them when they end up on the lot so smart dealers will not lose a sale over a few hundred dollars when the car might cost them thousands in lot fees if they don't sell to you.

Another option is the WI dealer mentioned already. They will make you a good deal and ship the car to you. This is a good option if you cannot get a deal locally. You can also do what we did, do a lease takeover for someone else who wants to get out of their lease. Periodically ppl come to the forum for this purpose & that's how we got our car for much cheaper than we could have anywhere else.

Pat-
I'm a salesperson with Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY. Let me make this easy for you: we sell EVERY new vehicle for $300 below factory invoice, and you keep all incentives. Let me know what lease terms you're looking for (years, mileage, cash upfront) and I'll be glad to run payments for you. Post here, private message, e-mail, or call me on my cel at 585-613-6218. And before you do, please research our dealership- you'll find us to be one of the most reputable in New York State.

Back