New Owner - 2015 FFE Magnetic with Leather

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campfamily

Pulled the trigger a few moments ago on the purchase of a new 2015 FFE, magnetic with leather interior. Ford has a $4000 rebate this weekend for Cinco de Mayo, so that combined with the $500 ecoBoost incentive I got for test-driving a bunch of cars over at Santa Anita a few weeks ago, and the discount they gave me off of MSRP, I couldn't pass it up. We're going to sign the paperwork tomorrow evening at our local dealership; they don't have the color we want in stock, so they're doing a dealer swap for it.

Thanks to everyone on this forum that gave me the information that I needed to make an informed decision. I look forward to becoming a long-term contributing member on this forum!!

Keith

Congratulations - sounds like you got an excellent deal.
After the $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 California state rebate, you must be down to only around $16K with all the discounts.
Thats close to what folks currently are paying for a used (2012) FFE with 40K miles or so.
My leased 2014 FFE has an after-lease purchase price of about $15K for comparison.

So purchasing a brand new 2015 FFE for well under $17K (if one can take advantage of the full fed tax credit) is great!

I picked my new FFE up yesterday evening. After a bit of a back and forth with the dealer, convincing them that I was ready to walk unless they removed the $1100 charge for LoJack and something called "Etching", I got the car home and then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours out in the driveway messing around with the stupid thing. Man, this morning at work is going to be tough, I'm not used to staying up quite as late as I did last night! Sucks to get old.

So, based on my drive home from the dealership (about 5 miles), and my drive this morning to work (26 miles), my first impressions:

Pros: quiet, smooth, peppy, a very nice vehicle to drive. Headlights are great, gotta love HIDs. Like the accent lights in the interior. Stereo sounds decent, and interfaces seamlessly with my iPhone 6.

Cons: very minor so far. I have trouble seeing the range remaining graphic without my reading glasses on (once again, sucks to get old!!!). I'm hoping there is a way to change the graphics color; what engineer thought a white font on a light blue background would be easy to read? Still figuring out Sync; like the BMW iDrive, I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out eventually, but whatever happened to a radio with two knobs, one for volume, and the other for tuning? Miss having an auto-dimming rearview mirror (has anybody done a retrofit on their FFE yet???). Still trying to find a comfortable seating position, that will come with time (I hope).

More to come.......

Keith

campfamily said:
Cons: very minor so far. I have trouble seeing the range remaining graphic without my reading glasses on (once again, sucks to get old!!!). I'm hoping there is a way to change the graphics color; what engineer thought a white font on a light blue background would be easy to read?
Congrats on the new FFE! Good job pushing back against the dealer add-ons. I agree that the white range #s on a blue battery are hard to read. It's much harder in the Fusion Energi because the battery icon & numbers are much smaller. I frequently have to lean in toward the dash to read the numbers in the Energi and I'm only 25...

campfamily said:
Miss having an auto-dimming rearview mirror (has anybody done a retrofit on their FFE yet???).
I also miss this a lot. I'm not going to do this mod now since we only have a year left with the FFE. There are threads on the forum about how to do this.

Back