FFE in Canada

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbird57

Does anyone know if/when the FFE 2015 will be available in Canada and what it's buy/lease price will be? I see that the price in the US has come down $6000 from 2014.

rbirds57

They are available for order but it is anyone’s guess as to when we will see any inventory on the lots. And even at that it is probably only our major city dealers who will receive an allocation at which point the story is they sell very quickly! (Take that for what you want however as that was a salesman's word.) Last year it took me over 4 months of haranguing the two Ottawa Hybrid and Electric certified Ford dealers before I managed to see and test drive one! The last word I got from one of those dealers is that the 2015 FFE MSRP is $38,244., ie. no change from last year which is quite a point of contention for me. Given the recent plunge of our dollar however just the exchange rate alone would pretty much negate the $6,000 price reduction enjoyed by US customers. Fortunately my order received protection for the employee price that was negotiated last Sept so while nowhere near the new US price of $29,195 it is several thousand less than this year’s list price. It is on the way, at least I have a VIN, but no schedule yet and quite frankly given the winter we are having I don’t mind waiting until mid-March to take delivery which is my salesman’s best guess for the time being.

Probably not what you want to hear but …..

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

Thanks Carl, very helpful but hard to fathom. No wonder the inferior Leaf outsells the Focus by a wide margin in Canada. I am in Ottawa (Chelsea, Quebec) also and have been looking at the 2014 and 2013 models on offer at the two dealerships you refer to. Unfortunately these are resales (not demos) which don't qualify for rebates. Unless they will come down a fair bit on their prices, I calculate that I am better off waiting for a 2015. It's the same story more or less with the Soul EV-fancy commercials with big squirrels in tuxedos but when you ask to test-drive one they say you have to order and buy it first! Talk about faith in your product-not!

thanks, Rob

Rob,

Hah, You are just “up the road” from me, I’m in Aylmer! :shock:

The Leaf actually has some nice features and is in some ways superior to the FFE, notably the CHAdeMO port. But no matter what niceties it has that air cooled battery is the absolute show stopper for me, even though my wife really likes the Leaf and dislikes the FFE. That’s going to be fun once my FFE is delivered. :roll:
She currently has a Kia Soul so the Soul EV would be of great interest to us but it wasn’t even released last September when I decided it was time to “pull the trigger” on an EV. Hunt Club Kia is one of the 6 or so Kia Soul EV dealers in the country so ordering and delivery would not be an issue. I really don’t think they lack any confidence in the Soul EV, judging by my wife’s car. Kia make a good car and the Soul is quite a capable chassis. All in all it really is a case of very high demand set against a very low supply. When I spoke to them it was the same story you received, everything they are getting is already sold (6 units at the time and that was late November). It will be late spring at best before they get an inventory or demo unit although I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

In the interim I’ve been putting in the conduit for my EVSE which I’ll be ordering in the next few days so I’ll have Level 2 charging available at home from charge #1. (And yes that is a number sign, not a hashtag!)

I hope you find a good solution for yourself and get either an FFE or Soul EV. They are close in price and each has some pretty compelling features. I don’t think you could go wrong with either but in the end I am biased to the blue oval if all else is even close to equal.

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

Too funny, we are neighbours. Do you mind telling me who you dealt with? Was it Rod at Jim Keay? Perhaps we could chat more offline-if so, how do we do that (new to this forum thing)? BTW this article indicates that the '15FFE has some mildly significant cosmetic changes http://www.plugincars.com/2015-ford-focus-electric-bolder-look-no-change-ev-features.html. Were you aware?

thanks, Rob

rbird57 said:
Too funny, we are neighbours. Do you mind telling me who you dealt with? Was it Rod at Jim Keay? Perhaps we could chat more offline-if so, how do we do that (new to this forum thing)? BTW this article indicates that the '15FFE has some mildly significant cosmetic changes http://www.plugincars.com/2015-ford-focus-electric-bolder-look-no-change-ev-features.html. Were you aware?

thanks, Rob

I've PM'ed a reply to you Rob.

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

Hi Guys.

Great to hear that there will be other FFE's in the Ottawa area. I bought one from Rod @ Jim Keays in the summer of '13 and have absolutely loved it. In fact I rarely get to drive it as my wife has claimed it as hers (except in the winter as I can plug in near work) . It's an awesome car although the one thing that does annoy me is the large turning radius. (that of course and the range in -30 weather)

I live in Dunrobin but work in Gatineau so my daily commute is around 90km, thankfully I've been able to plug in at Les Galleries de Hull where I might add it's like the proverbial electric watering hole. I've seen Miev's, smart ev, leafs and volts plugged in and of course the rare Soul-ev just this week.

Good luck on your purchase of the FFE.

I'm from Montreal QC Canada. My Focus Electric 2015 is ordered since September 2015. I supposed to received the car on february 12 2015. I have the vin number and the car is already buit.

Back