Lease Transfer

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sogorman

Wanted to put this up here and see if there was any interest. In March I will need to be parting ways with my FFE and wanted to see if there was anyone interested in assuming the lease. Here are the details/my offer....

-2013 Black FFE With Leather Super clean inside and out
-15,000 miles a year (I have been using right at 1,250 miles a month odo has just over 15,000)
-36 Month lease originated in Dec 2013 ( 21 Months remain come March)
-I pay to have the vehicle shipped to you in the lower 48 (currently lives in Phoenix, AZ)
-Free juicebox with a NEMA 14-50 adapter as well as the standard 120v Ford charger
-$1,200 cash payment/bonus to lease assumer
-$347 monthly Ford lease payment

Let me know what you guys (and gals) think or if there is any interest.

Updated offer... will give $2,000 cash to someone for assuming the lease. If you spread that across the remaining part of the lease you would be looking at a $251.00 monthly payment.

Wow, that's a pretty good deal; I put a blurb out on my weekly EV lease deal page. Hope it helps:

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2014/04/current-36-month-lease-offers-for.html

Good luck!

That really is a good deal considering how hard it is to get an FFE in many areas of the country. It tool 6 months to get mine here in Phoenix and wish this was available when I bought mine in July. Best of luck.

It should be noted that a lease transfer in some states is considered a taxable event. This means that while the original lessee paid sales tax already, you may be required to pay sales tax again. In MN this is true, but since our leased Focus Electric came from another state the lease transfer sales tax issue didn't apply, but if we had taken over a lease originated in MN the state would have collected sales tax twice on that lease. I would encourage anyone considering a lease transfer to consult with their local Driver & Vehicle Services office to understand the process. This was the most frustrating part of the lease transfer we did. Our state is known to be very difficult to work with and Ford Credit wasn't great to work with either since they have one procedure to follow which our state doesn't accept and it created a lot of headaches and cost me a lot of time trying to get it straightened out.

With that said, this is a great lease deal!! The price is comparable to what we're paying from our lease transfer, but this FFE includes a free JuiceBox & more miles per month.

Back