How long did your factory ordered FFE take to arrive?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

As the subject says, If you ordered your FFE from the factory, How long did it take to arrive? I'm currently on about week 12 of what was supposed to be a 6 week wait with no word as to when it might arrive.

14 Weeks: Mid February to late May (2013). Note: My dealer is right across the street from the plant (literally about 100 yards from the plant). My dealer also quoted me 12-16 weeks.

Do you have a VIN assigned? If you have a VIN you should be able to track it. You can hit up @FordService on twitter to get information on its progress.

I ordered back in July. The dealer was able to get one that was already scheduled for production changed to be my preferred color. About 2-3 weeks later I got the VIN which I then used with fords website to generate the window sticker which indicated it was made 08/12/14. It should have arrived at the dealer back at the beginning of September. It's been MIA since then. I could understand a delay if the car hadn't been built 2 months ago.

You aren't going to like this story then:
My coworker ordered his FFE a week after mine and it was built about 3 weeks before mine but he didn't pick it up until a month later, here is why:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/08/24/slow-boat-from/

triangles said:
I ordered back in July. The dealer was able to get one that was already scheduled for production changed to be my preferred color. About 2-3 weeks later I got the VIN which I then used with fords website to generate the window sticker which indicated it was made 08/12/14. It should have arrived at the dealer back at the beginning of September. It's been MIA since then. I could understand a delay if the car hadn't been built 2 months ago.
The dealer can run a report to tell you where the car is. Have they not done this? You can also track the car on Blue Oval Forums.

hybridbear said:
The dealer can run a report to tell you where the car is. Have they not done this? You can also track the car on Blue Oval Forums.
The dealer said Ford's tracking for this car has been "closed." The original dealer ETA was first week Sept. They suppose the transit company has it somewhere since before the tracking was closed the status was "in transit". Supposedly they are trying to contact Ford to find out where it is. I find it hard to believe that no one knows where it is or can find an answer.

Edit/Update:
Right after posting this I got a message from Ford customer service saying the car was still in production with no ETA available? I thought the date code on the window sticker 120140812 meant it was built 8/12/14. Either I am wrong or someone screwed up somewhere. Maybe that date code means when the vehicle was scheduled for production.

When I put my VIN into http://www.etis.ford.com/ It lists a build date of 8/13/14? If guess if it's still in production, the "build date" doesn't mean what I think it means.....

jmueller065
If you would be so kind would you put your VIN in the above site and see what it says was your car's build date? TIA. Oh wait! I missed your post above. I'm guessing I may be in a similar "Slow Boat" scenario as your coworker. I guess I'd rather they find the problem at the factory than after I take delivery!!!

Update 2:
According to Ford Service on twitter, my car (for reasons unknown) has not been released from the factory yet. I fear jmueller065 is correct about what is happening with my car. Hopefully my dealer will hear back from Ford soon with what the delay is.

Hey guys,

I am the dealer that triangles has his Focus ordered through. We have been in contact with Ford through multiple channels to find the reason for delay. Unfortunately, sometimes they are not real willing to share the exact reason for the delay. It is something I don't understand as once the delay has gotten so long I think the customer would prefer to know what was wrong and then fixed, like in jmueller065's buddys case. Things happen all the time, and although our technicians are probably the most versed in these cars, I'd much rather it was fixed at the factory (if that was the issue). I am working diligently to find the issue or status so we can keep another happy FFE owner in the community and I appreciate triangles patience through this. I also appreciate the advice given by others with the links and the direction to find information in a different avenue. I have emailed screenshots of this forum to my Ford Rep's to help prod the process along.

I will keep triangles abreast of the info I find and allow him to share it, if he desires.

Thanks again for all the help and business

John Chady
Havill Spoerl Ford Lincoln

Now that begs the question: Triangles are you going to drive the FFE from Wisconsin to Toledo once you get it? and if you do please post a trip log/blog/story/etc.

jmueller065 said:
Now that begs the question: Triangles are you going to drive the FFE from Wisconsin to Toledo once you get it? and if you do please post a trip log/blog/story/etc.
I pondered doing that for about 0.25 seconds :lol: I suppose it would be possible but I don't have that much time I can take off work. Sorry to disappoint, but it's coming by truck to Toledo. The farthest journey with the FFE I'd take would probably be Columbus, OH. There is a campground about 1/2 way with 50A hookups I could use for a quick charge. I might also consider a trip to Cleveland.

triangles said:
There is a campground about 1/2 way with 50A hookups I could use for a quick charge.
Would that be the Wapokoneta KOA by any chance? LOL (We camped overnight there about 10 years ago on our way to FL.)
Oh wait you said Columbus, not Cincinnati/Dayton. (We have stayed at a few in the Columbus area too, but they are south of the city.)

no it's Sulphur Lake Camp Ground off Rt. 68 in the middle of some cornfields, SE of Findlay Ohio. I verified they had 50A outlets but I have not verified that they would let me charge there. There isn't much south of Bowling Green, Ohio for charging. The nissan dealer in Findlay is shown on plug share, but I wouldn't rely on that unless I knew I could charge there. There is also a Ford dealer with a charge station in Findlay. Cincy would be a very long day as you would likely need at least 2 charge stops...

jmueller065 said:
You aren't going to like this story then:
My coworker ordered his FFE a week after mine and it was built about 3 weeks before mine but he didn't pick it up until a month later, here is why:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/08/24/slow-boat-from/
How did your coworker find out what the hold up was? Ford is being rather tight lipped as to why my car is "still in production." All I could get from them is that "it has not been released from the plant yet and there is no ETA." As you can see the window sticker still hasn't been updated still showing the build date of 8-12-14. I may end up like Zurc if Ford keeps this up.

Well that is a good question. Considering where we live & work: he found a plant contact and e-mailed them. Freaked out his dealership when he called them with more information than they had.

Its a small world here in Southeastern MI: usually someone knows someone who has an uncle, etc.

jmueller065 said:
Well that is a good question. Considering where we live & work: he found a plant contact and e-mailed them. Freaked out his dealership when he called them with more information than they had.

Its a small world here in Southeastern MI: usually someone knows someone who has an uncle, etc.

LOL that "small world" must include part of northwestern Ohio too. :lol: I indirectly know two people that work at the plant. I thought about reaching out to them for some info but I found out my car left the plant yesterday. Looks like I might have to change my signature soon.

:D 4 Months and she's finally home! Mother nature made a mess of her but she will be shiny once again when it warms up this weekend. It would figure I get the car on the coldest day so far this fall. Although temps in the teens don't seem much like fall.

Thanks to the fine folks at Havill-Spoerl Ford! (users: Zjlange12 and jachady here on the forum)
Even though temps were in the teens I couldn't resist taking the scenic route home :D I only experienced range anxiety for a brief few seconds when I cranked up the heat and watched the guess-O-meter drop like a rock to below the distance home!

My heavy right foot and cold weather made shorter work of the battery than I would have liked. If this is a worse case, I can live with it.

Back