triangles

Re: How long did your factory ordered FFE take to arrive?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 pm

It did earlier but I was fumbling thru the menus trying to figure things out. Who needs manuals, right? I may have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere. It was 512 Wh/mi. the first time I drove it :lol:
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

jmueller065

Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:38 am

Either that or you used one key the first time, turned on the enhanced trip meter and then on the 2nd try used the other key. (With the trip meter displaying on the left keypad hit the right arrow to turn on the enhanced trip meter--if I remember correctly.)

The car keeps the dash settings for each key (freaked me out until I figured that one out).

Congrats on the best looking FFE color there is... ok yeah I'm biased (and I may change my mind once I see a red 2015 FFE).
2018 Cajun Red Chevy Bolt
2016 Magnetic C-Max Energi (lease returned)
2014 Sunset Escape
2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

triangles

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks. That makes sense. I had both keys on me since I was bringing it home for the first time. It seems we agree on color choices. I was eyeing the red 2015 if my 2014 never showed up. Although, I've always been a fan of cobalt blue and the new 2015 blue looks like it could also be a winner. BTW thanks for your post in another thread about cracking a window in the cold. This morning my pre-conditioned mobile sauna was almost too hot. It almost got down to a bearable temp by the time I got to work and the fresh air kept my windows from fogging.
Last edited by triangles on Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

jachady

Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 am

Glad to hear you are putting it to use right away. Sorry I couldn't send Zach with the driver to walk you through some of the features and settings. Obviously you will find most of the info on this board but feel free to call me if you have any questions.

btw - I like the look of the Salted Blue Candy :lol:

John

hybridbear

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 am

jmueller065 wrote:Either that or you used one key the first time, turned on the enhanced trip meter and then on the 2nd try used the other key. (With the trip meter displaying on the left keypad hit the right arrow to turn on the enhanced trip meter--if I remember correctly.)

The car keeps the dash settings for each key (freaked me out until I figured that one out).

Congrats on the best looking FFE color there is... ok yeah I'm biased (and I may change my mind once I see a red 2015 FFE).
This freaked me out at first too!!

You can use MFM to "personalize" the keys. Key #2 seems to be the dominant one. It is for our Focus Electric & Fusion Energi. It also is for my parents' C-Max Energi. Dominant meaning that if both keys are in car the car will think that key #2 is the one doing the driving. Which key unlocks doors or where the keys are located in the car has no impact. If #2 is present the car thinks it is driving.
2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm - leased through 8/15/16
Replaced by a 2016 Tesla Model S 60D

davidm

Sat May 06, 2017 6:36 am

I ordered mine March 15th. I work at a Ford dealer and my sales manager told me up front it might be three months or more. According to the last e-mail we saw from Ford my car will be scheduled the first or second week of May. No confirmation on the scheduling yet though. Still hoping I get mine by the end of May, but probably not.

Gary

Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Ordered on April 19 and it arrived at my Livonia, Michigan dealership (Bill Brown) seventeen weeks later. Elsewhere here I read that the Michigan assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan only assembles Focus Electrics on one or two days near the beginning of each month. BEV sales have been climbing; even the normally abysmal demand for this car went up, hence my extended time of arrival.

elec2017

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am

Gary wrote:Ordered on April 19 and it arrived at my Livonia, Michigan dealership (Bill Brown) seventeen weeks later. Elsewhere here I read that the Michigan assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan only assembles Focus Electrics on one or two days near the beginning of each month. BEV sales have been climbing; even the normally abysmal demand for this car went up, hence my extended time of arrival.
I can never understand how Ford process their orders. I ordered almost a month before yours and I'm still waiting for mine :(

triangles

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

It's possible Gary got a car that was already allocated to that dealer and was able to configure it how he wanted...
2014 Blue Candy FFE

elec2017

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:02 am

The blend date on my window sticker is August 17th but on ETIS website it still hasn't updated anything: The build date is still 30.11.0002, and myfordmobile app doesn't recognize my vin either. Not sure what's going on, probably got delayed due to parts? :(

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”