FORD FOCUS ELECTRIC REBATES/HOV/EV RATES: LOS ANGELES COUNTY
1. DMV: HOV sticker [NEED LICENSE PLATE NO.]
• Fill out application for clean air vehicle decals (white): https://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.pdf
• Mail to address on form.
• Include $8 fee.
• Valid until 01/01/2019.
• Requires vehicle license plate number.
2. Metro Express Lane FasTrak HOV lane (Los Angeles County only):
• Open account online: https://www.metroexpresslanes.net/en/signup/step1.shtml
• Pick up transponder at Albertsons for a 10% discount.
• Register transponder online with your account.
• Set transponder switch to 3+ for no-fee FasTrak usage on 110, 10, and 105 freeways.
• [Note that there is NO free HOV usage for BEVs on Orange County's FasTrak toll roads (billed differently)].
3. California state-funded $2,500 rebate:
Center for Sustainable Energy Clean Vehicle Rebate Project: https://energycenter.org/clean-vehicle-rebate-project
Complete and return the following via USPS within 14 days of completing the online form:
• Signed CVRP application form (e-mailed to you).
• Copy of vehicle registration.
• Copy of purchase agreement.
• California driver's license (i.e., proof of residency)
• [The program is currently fully funded ($93 million currently available for fiscal year 2014-2015 as of 09/2014).]
Center for Sustainable Energy
Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
9325 Sky Park Court, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123
4. Federal $7,500 tax credit:
• IRS form 8936 (attach to federal return): http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf
• Applies to the tax year in which the vehicle was put into service.
• The full $7,500 tax credit applies only to the tax liability for a single year, and may not be "carried over" to subsequent years.
5. Southern California Edison EV rate plan: Home & Electric Vehicle Plan (TOU-D-TEV)
• Does not require a separate meter.
• Seems to offer best savings with "Super Off-Peak" tier 2 rate of $0.10 per kWh from 12AM to 6AM everyday.
• LADWP offers similar rate plans for City of Los Angeles residents.
6. City of Los Angeles "Charge Up LA!" EVSE rebate: $750
• City of Los Angeles residents/LADWP customers only.
• Program expires 06/30/2015, or until $2 million fund is exhausted.