FFE Arrived earlier than expected

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amgontarz

I ordered my FFE on May 14, and was given a build date of July 11-17. Received call last night (July 9) that car was at dealer, picked up vehicle today (July 10). So, 8 weeks exactly in my case from order to delivery.

Congratulations! The last 4 I've sold have come in at almost exactly 8 weeks. I think Ford is starting to get the process down now that they are seeing the demand is there! (I hope!!)

-Zjlange12
Havill-Spoerl Ford Lincoln
Fort Atkinson, WI

Not so in my case.
10 weeks so far and no indication that anything is happening.
The dealer said 12 weeks so I'm giving it that and if nothing at all by that time, I'll cancel the order and go find something else.

Zurc.

Still waiting on my order also- ordered end of April- built end of June. Has been in QI I am told. Anyone with experience with QI (aka QC) ?

FF_rox said:
Still waiting on my order also- ordered end of April- built end of June. Has been in QI I am told. Anyone with experience with QI (aka QC) ?
In late 2012 when the first 2013 FFHs were being built there were some owners who had their cars go to QI and they were held for a few weeks to a few months. Most of the owners who went through that abandoned their order and had the dealer get them a car elsewhere. One even placed a second order when his car went to QI and his second order arrived before the first one did. On Google Earth around that time you could see a large number of cars outside the plant in Mexico. A number of them arrived to the dealer filthy dirty with sand from the desert and the dealers had to do a lot of cleaning to get them ready.

I hope your wait is much shorter.

What color is it? I saw an M-plated Blue Candy FFE driving around a couple of days ago (I'm about 3 miles from the plant and frequently catch Manufacturer plated Focuses driving around).

Hopefully yours doesn't suffer the same fate as my coworker's:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/08/22/where-is-my-car/
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/08/24/slow-boat-from/

Zurc: If you are going to continue posting here you may want to change your sig.

Back