How many FFE are sitting on dealer lots?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

I did a search for new FFE on dealer lots. I only found 198 in the entire country.
Most of these are most likely in California. So if you want one you may have to travel outside your state to find what you want.
Search was done on Feb 27, 2014

That's nuts. The Ford.Com website shows 100+ in Southern California. Sunrise Ford has 22, Galpin has 18, South Bay has 9, just to name a few. Looks similar in Northern Cal...Frontier Ford has 35.

Come out here, make a sweet deal, and ship it home maybe???

Here I sit within 5 miles of the Focus plant in southeastern Michigan and there are NO FFE's available at any local dealer.

It looked like they leased out a parking lot for plant overflow (sometimes they build a bunch of extra and store them in local parking lots. I've seen this a few times around here--especially when there is a stop-ship on the cars: They will still build them but park them near the plant until whatever issue that caused the stop-ship is fixed). This lot happened to be on my daily commute. Of all the ICE Focuses and C-Max's there was one lonely FFE that I could see.

The few dealerships that have FFE outside of California may have only one on the lot. This is most likely the demonstrator model, which they can't sell for 6 months. So you have to order a FFE if you want to get a one. This will take between 6 and 12 weeks, unless Ford puts a push on the order. I think Ford makes the FFE in batches. I suspect that when FFE production is done they are produced only on the day shift, and are only done over a few days. But I don't work at the plant so I don't know for sure. Production is scheduled out about 4 weeks in advance. It’s at this point that a VIN number is issued for the vehicle. After this point no changes can be made to the order. You should get your vehicle in 4 to 6 weeks. That’s figuring at most 2 weeks to go thru the staging and shipping process.

jeffand said:
It’s at this point that a VIN number is issued for the vehicle. After this point no changes can be made to the order. You should get your vehicle in 4 to 6 weeks. That’s figuring at most 2 weeks to go thru the staging and shipping process.
Once the VIN is issued you can pull back your window sticker from Ford which will have the build date on it.

I have heard from some Ford people that when they build the FFE the engineers walk down the line with it to make sure everything is assembled correctly. I can't believe that they still do this now--I'm sure they did for the first hundred cars or so. We also found out that they only build about 4 a shift (not sure if it is only in the daytime).

"Bloggin" on the site below has been tracking the FFE inventory...
the inventory on lots has gone over 300 units for the first time today...
dealer inventory appears to be rising daily...
the FFE were largely made to order and dealers only had models stocked for test drives...
it appears that dealers are starting to stock more for imediate sale...

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?28874-2014-Focus-Electric-Drop-6-000-with-Cash-Back!/page5

I checked inventory for a FFE from Greensboro- Raleigh, NC... Nada! The Gboro dealer's Technology manager drives a FFE so he was good enough to let me take it for a spin. I was blown away but you probably know that. Have an order for one now. Out the door- sales tax & $7500 fed tax credit (assuming that I get it) cost will be 22800.
Dealer would not sign the 0% 60 months as he says it may not be available when vehicle arrives. Not a deal breaker.

There were 3 in north Texas when I got mine. ...shortly thereafter they were all sold. Dallas Fort Worth is a near perfect place for these 68-88 mole range cars.

...summers a little hot. Going into my first. Very curious what a 140 degree parking spot at work will do.

jloucks said:
There were 3 in north Texas when I got mine. ...shortly thereafter they were all sold. Dallas Fort Worth is a near perfect place for these 68-88 mole range cars.

...summers a little hot. Going into my first. Very curious what a 140 degree parking spot at work will do.

I've had a hard time find one anywhere. I don't know how to do the inventory searches everyone is talking about, but the guys in DeSoto seem to be trying to help me. They said there was only one available in the entire US (which was corroborated by another place and my own limited searching), unless I wanted to order one. I'm having that one shipped in from OKC. Not the color I wanted, but it was in my top 3 and I'm ok with it. As I understand it, Texas has a $2500 going through 6-26-14. In order to get that 2500, I can live with not getting the black one I wanted.

That said, it's not mine yet. Still have to work out numbers once the car gets here. I've always wanted hybrid or electric, and these rebates are awfully attractive, especially for a lease.

Abelgoddard said:
I don't know how to do the inventory searches everyone is talking about
Go here:
http://www.inventory.ford.com/model/2014-Focus?lang=en&branding=1
On the right enter your zip code and press "Search Dealer Inventory". On the next screen uncheck all the trim levels except for "Electric" (you may also want to click on "Change Dealer" at the top to change your dealer). Most likely none will show up, you can click on the "Extended Inventory" tab to check dealer inventory for your entire city (not sure how far that goes out: 50, 100 miles? All the dealers in the area that can dealer trade with each other, etc.?).

Ok, I knew about that, I just thought there was something else to use also because it doesn't go very far. Doesn't even cover the entire DFW metroplex. I'd have to plug in zip codes for more areas, and I don't know very many, and to try to cover a lot of ground would be a very intense activity. I was hoping there was something out there that would show maybe different areas of the country, maybe divided up in more manageable chunks, say, 10 selectable regions.

Abelgoddard said:
Ok, I knew about that, I just thought there was something else to use also because it doesn't go very far. Doesn't even cover the entire DFW metroplex. I'd have to plug in zip codes for more areas, and I don't know very many, and to try to cover a lot of ground would be a very intense activity. I was hoping there was something out there that would show maybe different areas of the country, maybe divided up in more manageable chunks, say, 10 selectable regions.
Search on www.cars.com. You can search a specific radius of miles or see the entire country. And you can sort the results by distance, price, color, etc to see specific cars at each dealer or you can sort by dealer to see a list of dealers with a FFE in stock and where those dealers are located.

WetEV said:
hybridbear said:
Search on http://www.cars.com.

Note that not all dealer's inventories are on cars.com...
Thanks for mentioning that.

I had also forgotten to mention that the pricing on cars.com is highly suspect. This is probably because dealers have different ways of listing their pricing which leads to bad data showing on cars.com.

hybridbear said:
WetEV said:
hybridbear said:
Search on http://www.cars.com.

Note that not all dealer's inventories are on cars.com...
Thanks for mentioning that.

I had also forgotten to mention that the pricing on cars.com is highly suspect. This is probably because dealers have different ways of listing their pricing which leads to bad data showing on cars.com.

for real! i'd love to see how they got those $24k FFE

If you are in the Midwest check out havill-Spoerl Ford Lincoln in Fort Atkinson. We are the number one dealer of the FFE in the Chicago region. I had a customer just last month that was dissapointed with the service in twin citties and came to see us. The biggest draw for our customers is both our New Car manager and our Service Manager are currently leasing the FFE and are happy to lend them to the sales department for a test drive when need be. Just ask for Zach!

Zjlange
Havill-Spoerl Ford Lincoln
Fort Atkinson, WI

Back