$6,000 Cash Back on 2014 Focus Electric

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloggin

Has anyone checked the Ford website lately?

Ford is now offering $6,000 Cash Back plus 0% Financing on the 2014 Focus Electric in major markets.

This brings the net price down from $34,995 to $29,995.($22,495 after tax credit, and just $19,995 after CA $2,500 incentive)

At $29,830 the base Leaf S with 3.3kWh onboard charger and no navigation, is now just $165 less than a loaded Focus Electric.

And at $32,850 the better equipped Leaf SV is now $2,855 MORE than the 2014 Focus Electric.

The lease remains the same at $229/mo with $2,169 down that already has $10,750 Cash Back attached(Ford gets to take the $7,500 tax credit).

But with the sales price dropping by $6,000, it's expected that the lease price should drop also to match or below the $199/mo with $1999 down of the base Leaf S.

Focus Electric sales have had a small increase from Oct, Nov and Dec. But with this new price drop, it's expected sales should at least double, even without nationwide marketing.

I'm trying to understand the deal in place. Can anyone confirm or deny that the following is possible...??

2014 FFE, platinum white and leather....MSRP 37,585, invoice 35,413 per Edmunds.com

Assume selling price $35,500

Less $6000 incentive
Less $500 competitive lease conquest
Less $7500 Federal rebate

Capitalized cost on a lease....$21500 + government fees.

Is this possible? The car should be almost free...

If you use the Build tool on the Ford website, and it will break out the price and incentives for both the purchase and lease deal.

jmueller065 said:
No, the $6000 incentive is for purchases. There is a different deal for leases.

Right but if you lease through a bank or credit union it's a purchase as far as ford is concerned. 6000 should apply....

Bloggin said:
If you use the Build tool on the Ford website, and it will break out the price and incentives for both the purchase and lease deal.

Right but a smart dealer can give a much much better lease than the national deal

EVA said:
Pretty sure you don't get the $7500 tax credit if you lease, no matter where you lease the car from.
The $7500 tax credit is baked into Ford's $10k "cash back" on the lease (so Ford is really only giving you $2500 cash back). The $7500 credit goes to the owner of the car which, in the case of a lease, is the leasing company. Most EV leases take that $7500 off of the lease amount.
You are correct, though, in that the $7500 doesn't go to the lessee and you can't take it off your income taxes when you lease.

jmueller065 said:
EVA said:
Pretty sure you don't get the $7500 tax credit if you lease, no matter where you lease the car from.
The $7500 tax credit is baked into Ford's $10k "cash back" on the lease (so Ford is really only giving you $2500 cash back). The $7500 credit goes to the owner of the car which, in the case of a lease, is the leasing company. Most EV leases take that $7500 off of the lease amount.
You are correct, though, in that the $7500 doesn't go to the lessee and you can't take it off your income taxes when you lease.

This is why it's expected that the leas price on the FFE will drop in the spring, since Ford taking $6,000 off at purchase, but really only $2,500 when leasing. So Ford has about $3,500 to play with here on the lease.

For example, the Fusion Energi has just $500 Cash Back + 0%, but the full $4,007 Cash Back attached to the lease. However, the MSRP for 2014 was just dropped $4,000. So Ford is offering a bit more discount at purchase.

C-MAX Energi is offering $8,250($6,250 Cash back + $2,000 Bonus Cash) off the lease price or $0% and $3,000 Cash back on the purchase. When $4,007 is the tax credit, which leaves about $4,250 in additional discounts on the lease. Which is about matching the $3,000 Cash Back + 0% Financing. Sales of the C-MAX have actually been driven by the discount, so expect the MSRP to drop $3,000 to $29,950 where the Prius plug-in lives.

I am also in PA and would like to confirm if there are any great new deals.

I just priced an FFE on the Ford web site for my zip code, 15220.

The site doesn't mention any $6000 offers.

It gave me this:

Base MSRP: $35170
Leather: $ 995
Dest charge: $ 825
Subtotal $36990
Avail Incents $10750

RCL Customer Cash
Program #50226: Take new retail delivery from
dealer stock by 03/31/2014. Not all Focus Electric
models may qualify. See dealer for residency
restrictions and complete details. Amount: $10,750,
Offer Valid: 1/3/2014-3/30/2014

Net price $26240

Then it give a bogus inventory of "48 in your area" which seems to be all FFF's (Ford Focus Fossil)

In my neck of the woods, NOBODY stocks any FFE's.

Does anybody have any more information on the availability
of deals like this in specific areas?

Thanks,
Mark

$10750 incentive is the current lease deal.

I'm in 15101 and just leased a FFE from Shults Ford in Wexford. They worked what I thought was a very fair deal. The dealer basically gets a flat fee for these so they are flexible in the price.

There was zero stock available so I had mine factory ordered. They will bring it in from other places but then you end up paying for having the car delivered. When they show stock that includes a region that goes as far as Ohio and Maryland. So it can be deceiving.

Since you are close, I wouldn't mind letting you test drive mine. A coworker let me test his FFE since the dealers didn't have any. I think there's only a few of us in Pittsburgh.

There is an off-putting side to this price-dropping bit. Our already purchased cars have lost value, simply because Ford has dropped the price. [Not that I would have wanted to miss my year of driving this wonderful car!] Isn't some of this price chopping related to not much demand because of Ford's lack of advertising? Is Ford in this game or not?
It is remarkable how few people even know that Ford has an all-electric.
Leaf is hitting hard with ads, and nothing from FFE. What gives? Does Ford think that we few are just weirdos and the supply of buyers is practically exhausted? Maybe.......

Exactly. This 6K deal de-values FFE's. It is not avail in PA and NO FFEa at the Phila car show???

Back