Good / Bad Lease Deal

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sogorman

Is it just me or this a bit on the HIGH side for a 0 down 36 month, 15k lease on a 2013 FFE tricoat white with leather? Note the vehicle has 5k miles on it

Thanks,

Sean
Screen%20Shot%202014-01-06%20at%204.27.53%20PM.png

Seems a little high.

I got my 2013 four months ago (when they weren't "remnants"). Tricoat and leather, but zero miles. My lease was for 36 months, 19,500 miles/year, zero driveaway (not just zero down, no money at all). My payment is 377 including tax at 9.75%.

Agreeing with Michael.

Don't touch this one buddy, unless you enjoy financing your car dealers next Sandals vacation.

@TonySpice lol, that's hilarious! I'm thinking $320 out the door including all fees is a good deal.

If you haven't done so, I suggest going to ford.com to model your lease. My guess is at $320/mo and $0 drive-off including tax, you're getting about $1000 off of MSRP. That could be good or so-so, depending on where you live. If you're on the west coast, I'd suspect you could do a little better.

My lease is for 36 months w/leather. 19 miles on delivery. My payment is just a bit higher than yours but I had 3k rolled in negative equity from prior lease. I put nothing down and I added wearcare. So yeah that price is a little high. My buyout at lease end is about 15.5k.

new owner as of 12/31 and i am loving the car so far. truthfully, the lease was the reason i ended up with the car, coupled with the added benefit of no gas. i have to say, my lease deal was so good im almost still waiting for something bad to happen... $0 down $49 a month, $53 taxes for a total of $103/month. 10.5k a year 36 months, w/leather. i also fear i will expect a similar deal when the lease ends and will be unable to find it. but for now im am just enjoying it.

blownb310 said:
Uhh, are you sure those numbers are right? ;)

I know right! If they are true he stole it!! That's almost like Ford paying him to drive it depending on what his gas cost was!! :)

I have a lease offer from the dealer.

$0 out of pocket at signing, 300/month lease (with all taxes included in the quote) for a 36 month lease. This is for a 2014 Black FFE with leather. 50 miles on it (I think I put a 1/3 of them on it). They write me a check for the tradein (10,750 Ford and goverment incentives make it so they cannot put an more down payment or trade in).

Seems in the ballpark. Its not a $103/month steal...

MNEV said:

$0 out of pocket at signing, 300/month lease (with all taxes included in the quote) for a 36 month lease. This is for a 2014 Black FFE with leather. 50 miles on it (I think I put a 1/3 of them on it). They write me a check for the tradein (10,750 Ford and goverment incentives make it so they cannot put an more down payment or trade in).

No one got one for $103 a month, that was baloney.

I don't understand what you wrote. What year/make car did you trade in? It's value was $10.750?

Sogorman said:
That's great! How many miles a year did you agree upon for that amount?

This is for a 10,500/year lease. This is just about the average miles I put on my ICE car. I suspect I will put a few less miles on the EV as I will not be taking it on some of the longer out of town trips which I currently do with my ICE car.

blownb310 said:
MNEV said:

I don't understand what you wrote. What year/make car did you trade in? It's value was $10.750?

My trade in was 1,600 (for a MY2000 vehical). The 10,750 was the federal and Ford incentives (you can view them on the Ford website if you look at their leasing deals they have there).

The lease deal came in pretty close to the price on the website. Not sure if that is a real bottom line price for a lease through Ford financing or whether people are seeing them having more wiggle room under this leasing program.

blownb310 said:
MNEV said:

if you really want some backup, i can try to provide a copy of the (redacted) lease paperwork. i assure you that this is the deal i received. it was a no-brainer.

michael - i certainly will! the lease has changed slightly since my first post. during the paperwork, we were expected to pay ~$600 up front in "aquisition fees". since then, that money has been returned and added to our monthly payments, bringing the total to $122. so we're paying the same amount, just in a different way. i will do my best to provide some backup. i really love the car too. and i can't say enough about the dealer - Stoneham Ford in Stoneham MA. family owned, excellent buying experience. this is the third car we've purchased in the past year and their service was the best by FAR.

Here is my lease offer from the only dealer in denver with a ffe on the lot:

$0 down (they said I couldnt put extra down after the fed tax credit and ford incentive), $400/month, 36 months, 10,500 miles/year. I said no thanks and that I was looking more around 250-300 month. They didnt seem too desperate, but I'll keep checking in on them. Leather seats and awsome test drive. Still dreaming...

Back