2016 FFE for Sale 20k miles/ Pittsburgh, PA Area

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

I was waiting for my '17FFE and trade my '16FFE but Tesla showed up at my door with my Tesla X (ordered a year ago) and they are not very good at handling and valuing trade-ins and I am running out of room.

Anyhow
2016 FFE Platinum White with Leather
20k miles, bought in Jan 2016....I am still routinely getting 19kwh+ out of battery.

Will be at Ford Dealer (Shults) in a week for scheduled recalls, differential and modem (covered) and inspection
Will have 4 brand new factory tires and inspection sticker (PA)

Asking 11k and I will pay for any discrepancy or cosmetic issue found at inspection.

PM if interested

Yeah, Tesla hires a company to do their trade ins, and the original estimate they give you is usually higher than what the final numbers ends up. Pretty classic.

Well, hey, congratulations on the Model X. You'll have a great time with that car. And you already know how to drive it and charge it.

If you don't sell the FFE, I really love CarMax for simple transactions. They usually offer more than Tesla and somewhat less than what you could get selling it on your own. Except the transaction only takes 2 hours at CarMax. They cut you a check immediately, no questions asked as long as you have the title. I've sold three cars at CarMax and have been happy with the transaction.

Ford "promised me" 10k for trade in toward '17 FFE and also 2-3k off MSRP on '17 but due to Tesla delivery I am not sure I will go for it.

Tesla:
The only issue with the X75 is that I have two L2 chargers installed on my property (plugshares) and if I should go for higher Amp charger for the Tesla.
My fuse box is sized right but not sure I want to have HWPC and run another circuit. Also with the long cable on L2 I would not have to back up to charge.

I live a mile from Supercharger and 3 from SC that is why I finally took delivery. The SC used to be 125 miles away till a few weeks ago.

fbitz777 said:
Ford "promised me" 10k for trade in toward '17 FFE and also 2-3k off MSRP on '17 but due to Tesla delivery I am not sure I will go for it.

Tesla:
The only issue with the X75 is that I have two L2 chargers installed on my property (plugshares) and if I should go for higher Amp charger for the Tesla.
My fuse box is sized right but not sure I want to have HWPC and run another circuit. Also with the long cable on L2 I would not have to back up to charge.

I live a mile from Supercharger and 3 from SC that is why I finally took delivery. The SC used to be 125 miles away till a few weeks ago.

You really don't need the HWPC - that's not at all necessary for home charging. The UMC that comes with the car works just fine for overnight charging (do the 50 amp 240V circuit with a NEMA - whatever 240V plug. Or use the L2 chargers - you'll get what you need overnight. The only thing that can happen to you with the L2 chargers (it happened to me in a garage in Muncie, Inidiana - hillbilly jerks) - somebody can come along and unplug your car. The adapter stays locked to your car, but it stops your charging. And if you are going to rely on that adapter, buy a second one just in case you lose the first one.

Be careful Tesla is not happy about locals using the superchargers for routine charging. Can't imagine you doing that, but there are people that apparently do exactly that. Not clear why they would, but they do. In other words, don't stop by the supercharger every night on your way home to charge.

And here's how you release the adapter when you are finished charging. Press and hold the trunk button on your fob for around 5 seconds (the trunk won't open or close when you do this). The charge port will unlock (it will flash green and then go white). Pull everything out of the port. Now press the button to release your adapter and put that back in the car. And finish by hanging up the L2 charger cable.

Took me a long time to figure out that procedure.

If anybody looking at my car at Earthfest in Cleveland tomorrow wants to know where to get a good deal on one, I'll tell them to look you up through the Forum. That is a great price for that year and mileage, worth renting a trailer to go get, or find a hotel with a handy outlet half way home.

thanks.... its a good price for sure but very limited market.

I got my Tesla last week and I already must have met 10 people with one ...4 charging at a charger at one time, 10 at a car meet...

Yet to see another FFE around in over 3 years.

Back