For Sale: Set of 4 OE tires (Michelin Energy Saver) - $200

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empowah

Hi folks,

When I got my Focus Electric, I upgraded to a set of 18" Titanium wheels/tires, so now I have for sale a set of four (4) OEM Michelin tires. They have less than 500 miles on them and are practically new.

Model: Michelin Energy Saver A/S
Size: 225/50-17 93V
Fits: Focus Electric, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi, C-MAX
Price: $200 (for set of 4)

Description: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Energy+Saver+A%2FS&partnum=25VR7ESAS

I will take your old, worn tires (minimum 2/32" depth) to use for my lease return. If interested, email me at [this username] at gmail.com!

Michael

Too bad they are in LA. I need a set of those tires in Chicago for my 2013 FFE. Shipping would kill the price and be way too painful to ship.

And I'm essentially doing the opposite of what you did. We bought a 2012 Focus Titanium with those 18 inch wheels and summer tires. I then had to buy a set of winter tires, because when it gets cold those summer tires are major dangerous. When we changed to the winter tires this year, I noticed the summer tires were almost bald - really shallow tread. We didn't get anywhere near 10,000 miles on those tires.

So now I'm looking at all season tires that will wear better on those silly 18 inch wheels. Yeah they look nice, but they are an expensive pain in the neck.

I can only imagine the hit you took in range when you put those wheels and tires on the FFE.

campfamily said:
Interested.......Where in Los Angeles are you located?

Keith

I'm located in downtown. I'm in the South Bay area (Torrance) on weekends. I can deliver within a reasonable distance, if that's easier.

Tires are still available! Turns out @campfamily still has decent tread on his tires.

- Michael

Streetfocus said:
How is the traction/handling now with the 18 inch regular (non-LRR ) tires and how has that affected your range?
Car seems a little more sure footed than before, but ultimately traction is limited due to the rear weight bias of the car. It's still very easy to get wheelspin accelerating in the rain or when accelerating out of a turn. Haven't really noticed much difference in range, but I do mainly stop-and-go driving and charge at both ends of my commute.

Back